“Amazing relaxing weekend”

Hotel Villan, BW Premier Collection
Ranked #41 of 65 Hotels in Gothenburg
Reviewed 4 June 2013

First thing I have noticed when I entered the hotel was the Nespresso coffee machine at the reception hall! That made my mornings even better.
The room was nice and clean. Breakfast was delicious and healthy. Three different fresh teas to choose from and smoothie shots.
Nice touch in the room two beautiful green apples on the side bed table which promotes clean and healthy living.
The staff was very kind and helpful. We asked for a restaurant and the guy at the reception gave us so many options to choose from.
To get to the city center we had to get a boat that takes 15 minutes. This was actually very nice as we felt more secluded and private.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 3 June 2013

Hotel Villan is situated in Eriksberg, across the Gøta River from the city center. Right in front of the Hotel the ferry (every 30 min) stops. No restaurants, cafe's close by, but in the hotel there is an italian restaurant with outside tables. We loved the atmosphere in the hotel, the rooms. All very stylish but cozy. Exzellent breakfast, free coffee and tea in the lobby. Very friendly personal.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 May 2013

This hotel is in my opinion a perfact place to stay in Gothenburg, especially when travelling with small children. Hotel Villan is situated in Eriksberg, across the Gøta River from the city center. If you are all about partying all night long, this hotel is NOT the place for you (or, I'll expect the taxi bill to be somewhat high), but if you can handle the 30 min boat trip to the city centre, the distance is not a problem.

The hotel is well designed, the rooms large (we had the stroller AND a travel cot in our standard size room and it did not feel cramped), bathrooms are big and comfortable, and the breakfast was delicious. Several reviews states that the breakfast is served in another building, well not anymore. The hotel is also currently expandig the breakfastfacilities and I do not soubt it: It will be great!

Room Tip: We had rooms on the first floor which was good with a lot of baggage, stroller etc.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 July 2012

My husband and I including my 10 and 7 year old stayed here. This hotel has a lovely boutique feel, and the management were personalbe and welcoming. The hotel's breakfast is in a Michelin recommended restaurant, located at the end of the pier, just a short walk from the hotel; we very much enjoyed the breakfast. The hotel is approx 20 mins away by a relaxing ferry ride to the city. As tourists we enjoyed our stay at this hotel.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank MagiceMe
Reviewed 17 June 2012

Stayed here for two nights in a family room with my husband and two children (aged 1 and 2). Staff were very helpful and the hotel is very stylish and comfortable. Breakfast is served in the restaurant on the pier across the square. The ferry to the city is every half hour and right outside the hotel door. There's no cafe or restaurant in the hotel building, but several shops/cafes/restaurants just doors away. Overall a great place to stay and would definitely return if visiting Gothenburg again.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 November 2011

If accommodation at Eriksberg is convenient for you, this hotel is a very good choice (and actually one of the two at the area if I'm not mistaken). I have been there twice.

I give it a plus for the design, the cleanliness, the friendly staff and the cosy overall feel. Unfortunately, though, it has some "cons" as well: There's no fridge in the room and you can only grab some water at a stand by the reception. There's no one at the reception after 20:00 and in case you need something you'll have to give them a call because as they said, they also run a restaurant or something in the city, and they have to be there at nights. Having stayed at two different rooms I would say that they may be roomy for one person but pretty tight for a couple. Additionally, during my last visit when the temperature was quite low, I would say that I had some trouble raising the temperature in the room. However, since I didn't stay in the room for long, I didn't ask for any help and I suspect there could have been a hint I was not aware of..

In overall, I will definitely go again if the other hotel in the area is full.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 November 2011

Have been a frequent guest at hotel Villan over the last two years, and it is one of the few hotels that I look forward to visit - every time!
The old house is totally renovated, and the interior is really stylish and nice. The rooms are cosy and clean.
Staff are friendly and helpful, and gives you the rare "welcome home" feeling.
Breakfast out on the pier restaurant just adds to the unique experience (If it rains, you find an umbrella on the wall outside your door.)

Room Tip: For special occations the suite is fantastic. Great view over the harbour, and sauna in the bathroom...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business