“Bang bang changes coming...”

Hotel Villan, BW Premier Collection
Ranked #41 of 67 Hotels in Gothenburg
Reviewed 12 June 2013

But not while I'm here . Apparently, they will have a new breakfast area soon, meanwhile we are crammed into a tiny lobby on the second floor for the micro mini breakfast. Construction is going on here, not nice. Supposedly done by early June. IT IS EARLY JUNE NOW....ARGH....

Work the breakfast hard and you won't go hungry. Go early for best selection. All cold buffet. We checked in very late, reception was still here, and she upgraded us to the SUITE, including bottle of prosecco & chocolates. Very nice. Great views, large and spacious, hot with no a/c and no fans(Why not?). We opened all the windows and it DID cool down but then the sunrises at 4am and keep us up... Took a luxurious bath with my woman, but the floor became flooded when we drained to the tub. Tried to call reception, but the phone didn't work. The receptionist asked if I wanted to use the built in SAUNA in the bathroom, but at that time the room was already a sauna!... The ferry that costs ~$4pp o/w was right outside the hotel, but in the evening it runs hourly and takes 30 mins to get to town....

What amenities do I like when I'm @ a hotel:
Large bed(not here)
Air condoning ( not here)
Central location ( not here)
Full big buffet hot eggs(not here)
One large bed, I'm a romantic (not here)
Good parking (convenient here ,cheap, but not the safest...)
Free good WiFi ( PERFECT HERE)
Nice & helpful hotel staff ( yes here)

When my GF & I travel, it is usually for long trips and we watch our spending, but far from cheap. This time it is a 6 week trip thru Europe & Scandinavia. Plus we travel by car,either owned or rental.

This hotel is perfect for some people but not for all. My GF liked it, but I did not.(even with the fancy room.....)

Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 10 June 2013 via mobile

Located in Eriksberg the hotel is amazingly convenient for access to the centre of the city because the water taxi is available just steps away from the door. We loved the dignity of the establishment, with every need catered to with quiet efficiency and charm. Good restaurants are available in the vicinity and breakfast served in the hotel has a wide variety to suit most tastes. So much better than the chain hotels where everything is the same wherever you travel, this hotel is very special for its individuality.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed 4 June 2013

First thing I have noticed when I entered the hotel was the Nespresso coffee machine at the reception hall! That made my mornings even better.
The room was nice and clean. Breakfast was delicious and healthy. Three different fresh teas to choose from and smoothie shots.
Nice touch in the room two beautiful green apples on the side bed table which promotes clean and healthy living.
The staff was very kind and helpful. We asked for a restaurant and the guy at the reception gave us so many options to choose from.
To get to the city center we had to get a boat that takes 15 minutes. This was actually very nice as we felt more secluded and private.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 June 2013

Hotel Villan is situated in Eriksberg, across the Gøta River from the city center. Right in front of the Hotel the ferry (every 30 min) stops. No restaurants, cafe's close by, but in the hotel there is an italian restaurant with outside tables. We loved the atmosphere in the hotel, the rooms. All very stylish but cozy. Exzellent breakfast, free coffee and tea in the lobby. Very friendly personal.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 May 2013

This hotel is in my opinion a perfact place to stay in Gothenburg, especially when travelling with small children. Hotel Villan is situated in Eriksberg, across the Gøta River from the city center. If you are all about partying all night long, this hotel is NOT the place for you (or, I'll expect the taxi bill to be somewhat high), but if you can handle the 30 min boat trip to the city centre, the distance is not a problem.

The hotel is well designed, the rooms large (we had the stroller AND a travel cot in our standard size room and it did not feel cramped), bathrooms are big and comfortable, and the breakfast was delicious. Several reviews states that the breakfast is served in another building, well not anymore. The hotel is also currently expandig the breakfastfacilities and I do not soubt it: It will be great!

Room Tip: We had rooms on the first floor which was good with a lot of baggage, stroller etc.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 July 2012

My husband and I including my 10 and 7 year old stayed here. This hotel has a lovely boutique feel, and the management were personalbe and welcoming. The hotel's breakfast is in a Michelin recommended restaurant, located at the end of the pier, just a short walk from the hotel; we very much enjoyed the breakfast. The hotel is approx 20 mins away by a relaxing ferry ride to the city. As tourists we enjoyed our stay at this hotel.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank MagiceMe
Reviewed 17 June 2012

Stayed here for two nights in a family room with my husband and two children (aged 1 and 2). Staff were very helpful and the hotel is very stylish and comfortable. Breakfast is served in the restaurant on the pier across the square. The ferry to the city is every half hour and right outside the hotel door. There's no cafe or restaurant in the hotel building, but several shops/cafes/restaurants just doors away. Overall a great place to stay and would definitely return if visiting Gothenburg again.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family