“Hearty Italian food at reasonable prices”

Dalla Nonna Trattoria
Ranked #49 of 1,279 Restaurants in Gothenburg
Price range: US$30 - US$100
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Happiness shared is happiness doubled. Nonna is everyone’s Italian grandmother, a visit here is a visit to her place. In her spirit and with her recipes, we create a feeling of comfort and togetherness. We serve as many meals as possible on large plates which invites you to do one of the most important things in life – share. Welcome to the family!
Stockholm, Sweden
“Hearty Italian food at reasonable prices”
Reviewed 16 March 2013

Very hearty Italian food. I only tried the traditional mozzarella caprese and a pasta dish with prosciutto, salami, tomatos, garlic, muschrooms, mozzarella and parmesan but they were great. Perhaps not 100% genuine italian, but close enough and made of good quality ingredients. Interior is "concept Italian trattoria" but very cozy and quite a lively atmosphere. Good for dinners with friends or dates. Probably too noisy for a large family meal. The most impressive thing was the prices. The food is very good value, especially since the portions are so large. I would not be able to manage starter, pasta and main. I recommend going for pasta OR main.

• Visited February 2013

Maidenhead, United Kingdom
“Let the belt out!”
Reviewed 22 February 2013

I visit Gothenburg regularly on business and was happy to find this restaurant around the corner from my hotel. Busy with noisy atmosphere, which is contract from it's former incarnation as ETC Grande.
I chose the Osso Bucco, with a side order of polenta (which on reflection I probably didn't need). The meat was plentiful and excellent. My neighbour's pasta looked equally abundant and tasty. Will become a regular visitor there I believe.
Only negative was no English menus, but I followed the Italian and the waitress was happy to help.

• Visited February 2013
Gothenburg, Sweden
“"Grandmamma" would be very angry!”
Reviewed 12 January 2013

Attracted by the "Grandmama´s kitchen" image, we got in here. Decoration, all the sweet Italian articles around are really nice and give a real Trattoria feeling. We were given a table and the menus. It took some time for the waiter to come and ask. In the menu, the saying was "we have the offerings in the menu but on top of our offerings tell us what you want and we will be satisfying you". So I kindly asked him whether he could provide me some vegetables. He, in such a rude and direct way, said NO! I have never seen this type of behavior in a restaurant in Goteborg! Especially, you dont expect this from a Mamma-imaged Trattoria. I was so pissed of and had no appetite for anything anymore.. I just wanted their 3-crostini offering with 2 with tomato and 1 with shrimps. (i received vice-versa!). Then I asked for potato-puree, and he said they are out of it and only have fried or cake style!!! What is this??? It is Saturday and we were there around 13:30 (a very normal time). Restaurant was not full at all and they are out of such basic things! Only 1 person was serving, so it took sooo long until we get some food or could ask for coffee and bill! I had to get up and call him 1-2 times. It is true that he had more interest in crowded tables.. The nice things were ; the atmosphere, wine offerings by the glass and the taste of the food.. But due to such a rude and inefficient service that took a lot of time from our Saturday, we wont be going there again!

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank bagbas
Gothenburg, Sweden
“Crowded Italian style restaurant”
Reviewed 14 December 2012

First impression was not too good.
We've made a reservation for two and arrived a few minutes to 8:00, where we were greeted and asked to wait by a very busy and slightly distressed waiter. Apx ten minutes later our "table" was done and we were seated. A worthy note is that if you are not a large company, you probably end up sitting together with other patrons. Not a bad thing in itself, as long as you don't expect a private small table for 2 or 4.
We ordered a two appetizers which were served within adequate time, but the main course we had ordered took almost 30 minutes to arrive after we had finished the entrees.
The food itself was very good, though the staff in general seemed to be very busy and understaffed. And unfortunately during the dinner, the couple sitting right next to us got into a bit of an argument with each other which made the entire visit a bit sour.
To sum up, good food and probably a nice place if your a big company and don't expect it to be a small genuine Italian trattoria.

• Visited November 2012
Malmö
“Very tasty pasta”
Reviewed 14 May 2012 via mobile

We were a group of four who all ordered different pasta dishes and all four were excellent. Big portions too. Good value for money (for Sweden)

1 Thank JC_Malmo