Elite Park Avenue Hotel
Hotel Allen(Gothenburg)
Gothia Towers(Gothenburg)
Upper House(Gothenburg)
1,033 results
All reviewsbishops armsart gallerygreat hotelsmall balconyairport busexhibition centrewalking distancemain shoppingfree wificentral locationnice roomthe ground floorbusiness tripfour star hotelnice restaurantnice viewmini bar
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 31 July 2013

Me and my husband stayed at the Elite Park Avenue hotel in Gothenburg during Easter (Maundy Thursday and good Friday) 2 nights end of March 2013. We drove here from the south of Sweden and parked our car at the nearby Lorensbergsparkeringen just behind the hotel (the parking here costs 12 kr/hr 8-22 other tines 2 kr/hr). I wanted something a bit special and had booked the deluxe room which is slightly larger and have access to the executive lounge for breakfast. When we checked in I was told that the executive lounge only applied for suites during weekend (we were there for a bank holiday) and we had to upgrade and pay extra for this benefit. I got a bit annoyed since this wasn't mentioned in my hotel booking and after having to convince the receptionist for a few minutes we got the executive lounge included in our rate. Sadly a bad first impression of the hotel. The room was quite large modern and comfortable, with the exception of the big chunky 80's TV ( but we weren't there to watch TV just a reflection). Gothenburg is a beautiful city with plenty of things to see and friendly people. The hotel is a 10-15 minute walk down to the main city center. The breakfast was great. It's a good hotel but not the best I've stayed in. When in Gothenburg I would recommend tourists visiting Haga a small district just outside the city center with plenty of boutiques, restaurants and cafés. We also drove out to the island of Tjörn and hours amazing drive from Gothenburg.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 July 2013

We travel as a family of five, two adults, three children - 14 years, 11 years & infant.
Stayed for three nights in a family room on the third floor and facing Engelbrekts street.
We did not find the cleanliness of the room to as expected, the cushions in the retractable sofa was filthy, but the linen when you unfold the bed was clean, blinking light and the bed side table was very unstable. We did tell the concierge and they took care of everything that we wanted.
The street outside the room - Engelbrekts street - is quite busy, so expect some noise. We were not disturbed. Good to know for sensitive sleepers.
Breakfast is very good, but make sure to get there early if you're staying during high season. It fills up rather quickly.
Internet is included and a faster connection is available, if you pay extra I assume.
Parking is not included but there is a garage - quite expensive - near by. During our stay, there was a lot of thefts with smashed windows in that garage. Good to be aware of this. Make sure to empty your car!!!
Next time we'd try something else but would not mind staying here again.
The spa was closed during our stay, so we cannot comment on that.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 July 2013

I have reviewed this hotel before and I keep coming back to it – I find it to be well worth the money: Rooms are upgraded, bathrooms small, but modern and with good lighting, desks are well lit with a nice leather cover and a good place to work from. Internet access is free and convenient. The restaurant on the ground floor is very good, albeit a bit noisy – and if you need more choices you have Avenyn just in front with and abundance of restaurant choices. There is also a small gym in the basement. The gym has floor to roof windows overlooking the street and, for being a hotel gym, quite well equipped with two running mill threads, two bikes, some free weights, mattresses, pilates balls, etc. What is average about this hotel is the noisy breakfast experience, the lack of a lobby to sit and work or meet in. Staff is very friendly and service minded.

Room Tip: Avoid staying in the rooms in the lower wing - they are not updated to the same standard. Also upgrading to a deluxe/superior room is well worth the money - rooms are much larger.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 July 2013

I visited this hotel for the first time in January 2013 with my family, having two junior suites with wine as welcome present. These rooms were excellent, and the breakfast very good. It was served in a separate room the first time. The receptionists were very service minded and helpful. This experience, and the central situated position of the hotel, made me book two rooms to celebrate the 70th birthdays of both my sister and brother in law in March this tenar. We all enjoyed the second stay as well. I will visit this hotel in my next visit in Gothenburg!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 July 2013

My wife and I travelled to Gothenburg as she was attending a conference, after travelling for many hours from Canada we arrived at the hotel quite exhausted. The check in was seamless and all of the staff were extremely friendly and helpful. Our room was on the 7th floor and had a balcony, the view was great, and the room was spacious and very comfortable. There had been previous comments about the shower and unless you're over 6'4" tall the height should be no problem. I highly recommend this hotel, the location, staff and accommodations were top shelf.

Room Tip: Currently there is construction just south of the hotel so rooms on the south are probably quieter.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business