Gothia Towers
Scandic Rubinen(Gothenburg)
Hotel Bellora(Gothenburg)
Hotel Allen(Gothenburg)
5,425 results
All reviewssky roomamusement parkheaven barshrimp sandwichliseberg parkhuge hotelnice viewtop floorconference hotelconvention centernice hotelsky barbusiness tripgreat breakfastbar and restaurantnice roombreakfast buffet
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 August 2012

POSITIVE +
1) rooms were clean and comfy 2) great location 3) breakfast buffé had lots of options

NEGATIVE -
1) NO Wifi/LAN connection during the whole stay at the hotel. A BIG minus! 2) the receptionist wasnt very welcoming and seemed a bit bored of the job. No "welcome", "welcome back" or "thank you" at check in/check out. 3) The guest service desk staff were not agreeing with each other if there is a parking space for me or not. One says that the parking is full and another said there is one space left! So i get the image that they didnt wanted me to get the last parking space. The woman asked me to park at the public parking which costs 225 kr instead of the designated hotel parking area which "only" costs 150 kr per night. 4) The view from the hotel room wasnt great but the room was more quiet than facing the road side as many other guests have complained about. 5) Heaven 23 has way too high prices on the food. Not worth it. 6) The soap dispenser was broken when i wanted to use the soap in the shower so i called the staff and they fixed it quite soon.

All in all, its a bit hotel so the staff doesn't care if you come back or not.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 August 2012

Stayed on business in June & booked a basic room, be aware that you will get a low floor room with another building about a metre from your window. As I was planning to spend time working in the room I asked reception for a better view and was told this would be an extra £40 a night which I paid. After an hour in the new room (high floor, view of the park) I was surprised to see a tower crane slowly rising past the window! This continued for 2 days with materials being hoisted up to the new build next door. I complained to reception & they removed the £40 per night supplement. I believe this building work is due to continue for a year or more. Bars & restaraunts were busy, the bar on the top floor gives great views over the city. Probably won't stay here again until the building work has finished.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Welshtorchy
Reviewed 3 August 2012

Gothia Tower's well appointed room saved this hotel from the lousy service its staff gives. My family and I stayed in different hotels in Europe and this is the worst. Front desk people lack the warmth and helpfulness expected from service providers. Housekeeping ladies made our stay a nightmare. One day, my 14-yr old son returned to our room just to get something that he forgot but he was turned away by a cleaning lady saying they are not allowed to stay when guests are in the room. The following day I saw a room being cleaned with a mother and her two daughters inside this room. To top it all, someone took my cellphone which I left on my night desk!!!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank McLeague
Reviewed 3 August 2012

We stayed at the Gothia Towers for 8 nights in a sky room, which was the middle-priced accomodation. We first thought the room was too sparsely decorated, but we got used to it. There were no dressers to unload our luggage into, however, there was generous closet space with a couple of high shelves. There was also a room safe, hair dryer, iron & ironing board, and towel warmers in the bathroom. Friends of ours stayed in the less expensive rooms lower in the building and only had a shower in the bathroom whereas we had a lovely bathtub with shower. The two very comfortable, generous-sized twin beds were pushed together, but it was difficult to cuddle without falling on the floor. We were provided with daily breakfast. There were lots of goodies to choose from, including a great variety of yummy-looking breads, yogurts, meats, eggs (scrambled, soft & hard boiled), cheeses, jams, Swedish pancakes, fresh cirtus, their own museli, juices, etc. If you go away hungry, it's your own fault. It's located right across the street from Liseberg amusement park. We had a view of it from our room. They don't change the linens every day, which I suppose helps them get good "green" cudos. We must have had a different housekeeper every day because the beds were made up differently every day. On our sixth day they left a bathrobe and a pair of slippers for us. We didn't seem to be able to get our room warm, but we didn't tell management about it - just thought we could deal with it. There is an area in the lobby just for kids where they can play with one of two Wii stations, or with the big pile of Legos on the table. It seemed very family friendly. The restaurant at the top - Heaven 23 (on the 23rd floor) - is fabulous, albeit pricey. But, Gothenburg is not a place to visit when you're on a strict budget - almost everything there is pricey. Heaven 23 had the best service of any restaurant we went to in Gothenburg. Our server was most attentive.
Gothia Towers is located in a great spot, just across the street from a main tram/bus station where the airport bus drops you off. From there you can get a tram to central station where you can catch a train to outlying towns. You only need a car if you're going way out of town. You can walk, and it seems everybody does, to local restaurants only two to three blocks away.
After all is said and done, I really enjoyed our stay at Gothia Towers.

Room Tip: Definitely get a sky room or above - worth the price. Looks like there will be construction going on for quite a while - there are 1 3/4 towers now, and will be another one later, all attached by sky bridges. We weren't bothered by any construction noise.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 July 2012

We stayed here for the Gothia Cup which is the largest youth soccer tournament in the world. Our room was booked as part of a group and as such we had some differing experiences than a normal stay. The only notable difference was that we had no room service other than towel changes for the entire week we were there. By no room service I mean they didn't even provide more coffee or clean cups after use. Apparently this was part of the agreement made by the hotel with the tour companies prior to booking. All in all, not really a big deal for us but some of the parents in the group were a bit disgruntled about that.
When we arrived to our floor it was much to my dismay that our room was DIRECTLY off of the lobby on that floor with a bank of 4 elevators across from us. Being the spouse of a Hilton Diamond member I am used to highest floor furthest away from elevator so I was just a bit nervous. It was much to my surprise and delight that once inside the room it was perfectly quiet.
The room itself is quite comfortable and modern feeling with a small refrigerator, ironing board and iron, pull out sofa and a coffee table with a little chair. There is a closet and some shelves but no dresser for those of you that like to fully unpack. The bathroom was fully equipped and was quite clean. After staying in some pretty small hotel rooms in Europe I was very pleased with the spacious feel of this room and its overall appearance.
The location of the hotel was great for us as it was across the street from the Liseberg Amusement park and an easy walk to the train and to dining and shopping. There is a bus/tram station directly across the street from the hotel.
We enjoyed the lobby bar each night with a nice glass of wine and a beer or two with friends as we discussed the soccer events of the day. The staff in the bar were always very friendly and spoke perfect English. One night we went upstairs to the 23rd floor to Heaven 23 and had a wonderful evening in that bar making new friends from Germany. The staff there were equally nice and there is a hip vibe up there with an amazing view of the city.
For me, and our daughter, the most disappointing part of the hotel was the breakfast buffet. I admit I am a picky eater so this is perhaps unfair, but the pre-made eggs were quite awful and I wouldn't even touch the greasy concoctions called bacon and sausage. As far as efficiency the breakfast buffet was good for feeding a large crowd and cooked to order would have been impossible with the number of people there.
Overall, if we were to return to Gothenburg we would not hesitate to stay here.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends