All reviews sharing bathroom toilets showers great location within walking distance free breakfast fast wifi short stay great place to stay stayed here for one night muesli would definitely stay here again min walk comfortable bed breakfast room central station corridor hostel
Reviewed 1 April 2014

we arrived, late at night to find that a twin room had a camp bed, to sleep on for 4 night, another room had no window, and my room had curtains that didn't fit, and hanging on wire from the ceiling. the beds weren't made any day, no bin emptied. no clean towels. a tv that didn't work, nowhere to make a cuppa, and to top it all shared toilet and shower, only plus was the bed was clean.

Room Tip: make sure you ask for a window and one that opens
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 March 2014

I stayed in this B&B hostel for 4 nights and felt very comfortable. Situated at a walking distance from city center Korsvägen; some really good restaurants and market places are nearby; this is a good budget B&B at Gothenburg. The check-in formalities were smooth with Thomas; the manager of the hostel being very cordial and helpful. The room was pretty good for one person to stay. The bathrooms/toilet are shared but there are many; hence there is no rush especially during the early morning/morning time. They also provide bathrobes; hence there are no hassles in sharing a bathroom. I think they could do well with adding more variety for the breakfast; as I thought it was quite simple. Surprisingly, I found umbrellas near the entrance for you to rent it if needed.
In general, a very good budget hostel right in the heart of Gothenburg.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 March 2014

This is truly the best bed and breakfast in Gothenburg. Staff really helpful, rooms very clean, bath robes and slippers. Breakfast really varied and well laid out and the most comfortable bed ever. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 February 2014

Close to Avenyn and Heden in the city center. Simple rooms with a TV and water. Beds are big and comfortable. The bathrooms/toilets are shared, but there are plenty of them (approx. one for two rooms), and they are nice and clean. You don't need to worry about them. Good that the hostel provides towels, bathrobe and slippers. The breakfast selection is good, but don't expect anything fancy. Helpful staff.
Note that there are some bars/clubs on the same street and people can get noisy on a Friday/Saturday night.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Before staying at Le Mat B&B in Gothenborg at the beginning of September 2013, I had never stayed in any B&B during my business trips or trips for pleasure. I made the choice of this B&B because of its location (right in the city centre), in addition to being the cheapest hotel arranged by the conference organizer. I checked in at midnight. Thomas opened two rooms to let me make a choice. I was not prepared at all when I was asked to leave my e-mail address so that Le Mat B&B could contact me in case I would leave anything behind after check out. Then, Thomas showed me the dinning room and told me to take some fruits to my room. He brought a bottle of water to me, although tap water is drinkable in Sweden. I felt touched. (On the executive floor of 4 or 5 star hotels, a basket of fruits and two bottles of water are usually prepared for the new guest, but there is a lack of personal touch.)

King-size bed and linen were very comfortable. Spacious bathrooms and toilets were conveniently located on the other side of the corridor. Orange umbrellas (brand: Ikea) were placed at the entrance for guests to use. Breakfast was quite simple, but service was nice.

All in all, I was nicely surprised. I strongly recommend this B&B, considering its location and exceptional service.

Room Tip: double with a king-size bed
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business