All reviewssharing bathroomtoilets showersgreat locationwithin walking distancefree breakfastfast wifishort staygreat place to staystayed here for one nightmuesliwould definitely stay here againmin walkcomfortable bedbreakfast roomcentral stationcorridorhostel
Reviewed 17 September 2014

We stayed in Gothenburg only for one night and I have to say this is the best place to stay! The location is very good. Rooms are big and clean. Everything was renovated. No problem with the WiFi conection.
Like ussually - breakfest was a bit poor in vegetables - but I think it's everywhere the same.
But the stuff was also very helpfull. They gave us directions about a parking place - but I've to say that it's very expensive to leave the car in the city... But we had to bicycles with us and there was no problem to keeping them in the corridor.
If it's a short trip then this is a perfect place to stay at!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 August 2014

Clean, comfortable beds, sufficient showers. Nice breakfast. Not a particularly personal hospitality experience but fine for what it is. Good place to stay in Gothenburg. Parking in Gothenburg is expensive but there is a lot next door.

We had a room with a nice big window. This is highly recommended.

Room Tip: Window room a must
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 August 2014

Stayed here for 4 nights. Originally booked a twin bedroom with shared bathroom, but they upgraded us to the only room in the hotel with it's own bathroom, free of charge. The receptionist was very nice and helpful, and let us leave our bags in a secure room before we checked in (we were a few hours early). Beds were really comfortable and the room itself clean. Continental breakfast was included too. 10 minute walk from the central bus and train stations. Great little hotel, very cheap. Free Wi-Fi too. I'd really recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 August 2014

During a camping trip but following a very heavy thunderstorm, my partner and I stumbled across Le Mat and went in to see if there were any rooms available. There weren't, so we miserably got our backpacks together and got ready to leave. Before we left, I popped to the toilet (which was impressively clean) and on coming back out again, was told that a booking had just been cancelled. Without a second thought I handed my debit card to the receptionist who was shocked that we didn't want to see the room first. Having noted how clean the toilets were, I felt I didn't need to see the standards of the rooms and we were desperate for a proper shower and a decent night's sleep. The room was as I expected, absolutely spotless and very minimalist, which was welcome as we'd become accustomed to cramming everything into our tiny tent. The shared bathroom facilities were equally spotless - the only complaint I could have made was that our room didn't have a window. I like a lot of natural light and usually feel very claustrophobic in window-less rooms, but it was clean and fresh and we had ample space to move around, besides which it was either that or the tent in thunder and lightning again, so it didn't bother me in the slightest. We do intend to book this hotel again in future and would definitely go for a room with a window next time though (we had a peek in another room at the front of the building and it was much more airy). The hotel is in a great location just off the Avenyn, with the Picasso bar right beneath and an array of other watering holes/restaurants. The area is buzzing at night but very safe and relaxed, not too loud and we had no problems with getting into the hotel late at night as we had a key with us to get back into the stairwell area. The breakfast area was wonderfully spacious and brimming with natural light, lovely coffee and great Swedish food. A breakfast in Sweden offers you the interesting experience of trying the bizarre concoctions which come out of tubes - all sorts of flavoured cheeses and pastes were spread on our toast that morning. I would definitely recommend this hotel to others, but we paid around 800-900 Krona per night which was far more than we could reasonably afford (we are both students) so wouldn't advise anyone looking for a budget hotel to stay here as the facilities are very basic for the price you pay.

Room Tip: Go for a room with a window.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 July 2014

A nice clean, convenient hotel. Beds well done, cable TV and free WI-FI. Close to parks, historical places, amusement parks and great restaurants. A little air conditioning would be helpful in the summer, and better sound insulation from the street.

Room Tip: Ask for room 15. Is the only one with a private bathroom.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family