“Weekend”
Review of Hotel Riverton

Hotel Riverton
Ranked #28 of 67 Hotels in Gothenburg
Reviewed 28 October 2013

A super cozy hotel situated at Gothenburg harbor. Close to the Stena Line terminal if you would like to take a trip by boat to Frederikshavn / Denmark or to Kiel / Germany. Walking distance to the town center where you can shop in North Town, Arcade, NK, to name a few. There is a wide selection of restaurants if you e tempted to eat. There is much to see and experience in Gothenburg.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
NazaninRiverton, Kundansvarig at Hotel Riverton, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2013

Thank you for the excellent description of Hotel Riverton's enviroment. If you haven't already tried this, I recommend you to take the hotel elevator to the upper floor where you find our restaurant Riverton View with a breathtaking view of the harbour.

Have a great fall and welcome back!

Kind regards

Reviewed 17 October 2013

I was sick during my stay and the staffs ensure all my needs are well take care of. I am quite impress with their friendly and excellent staffs!!

Clean, nice hotel and room, great breakfast and outstanding service and food.

Good stay with last suggestion of building a gym soon. Thanks

Hi Hweefeet,

It was lovely to read that you thought so highly of our team, but it's really sad that you got sick during your visit in Gothenburg.
My colleagues and I would all like to thank you for your kind words.
Lastly we would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review and share your experience.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back to Hotel Riverton!

With warm regards,

Reviewed 10 October 2013

I have stayed at this hotel for 2 weeks in beginning of October. During this period, I fall sick and have to remain in hotel room for almost a week. The staffs took good care of me by ensuring my needs are well taken care of. The front desk staffs even took the effort to come to my room and check my condition. I am quite grateful and feel great of their service.

In terms of room, it is nice and clean. The breakfast is fantastic with many choices.
The only concern is the location is not near major shopping area but it is still within walking distance.

Room Tip: Nice, clean and quiet room
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Hi mskong

I really feel sorry to hear you got sick for a week during your stay at Hotel Riverton.

All of my colleagues at Hotel Riverton take great pride in delivering the service that we are famous for, It is just so encouraging to hear such positive comments.

We hope to be able to look after you again in the not too distant future.

With all good wishes,

Reviewed 10 October 2013

I've been several time in Gobeborg in the past, but never in this hotel; I visited it for a company conference; The first look was not that good because the position, even if convenient to reach most of the city attractiveness, is not very nice; during my visit there were also work in progress in the roads nearby.
Entering in the hotel the impression is better; I saw some criticisms from other writers about the front desk people but I did not notice any problems and I should thus emphasize the warmer courtesy of the restaurant staff.
The interior decorations are typically Scandinavian (I think that who designed the bathroom never had a shower in his life: not enough room due to the stiffness of the shower hose, no place to put the soap)
I found the hotel pretty clean, the breakfast fair and outstanding service and food at the restaurants with a special mention to the sky restaurant located on upper floor.
So good stay with last suggestion of building a gym soon; I missed it. Thanks

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 October 2013

Good hotel, nice rooms, although not very big. Well equiped and clean. Free wifi worked good. The beds where good and the window shutter means you can really block out the outside.
The view from the top floor restaurant is amazing. The staff is friendly and ever helpfull. They provided some restaurant possibilities in the area. In the neighbourhood there are shops and plenty of restaurants. Breakfast was ok, with plenty of choice although rather basic.

Reviewed 30 September 2013

We booked one of the Premium Queen rooms, and they feel very modern and luxurious. Got a room with a view of the harbour, wich we had wished for.
Location is really very close to the shopping area and city center, but hte hotel has its back to the city, facing the harbour.
We'll definetly come back again - a perfect weekend get-away from kids and everyday life. Next time we'll try and stay longer, so we can try out the SPA section.

Room Tip: Recommend the upper floors (at a higher price range) for both the view and they're more quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank anna4567176
NazaninRiverton, Kundansvarig at Hotel Riverton, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2013

Dear anna4567176,

Thank you so very much for the wonderful review following your recent stay with us. Pity you stayed for a short period but we truly hope you will come to us soon again so you can enjoy the rest of our facility including the SPA.

Best regards

Reviewed 27 September 2013

This hotel had a very modern feel to it and the rooms were very comfortable. The staff was friendly and helpful. The rates were very reasonable compared to comparable hotels in Gothenburg. The only downside to this hotel was that it's location was not great but you can walk to the train station and a lot of restaurants in about 20 minutes. The bar and restaurant were on the top floor with a good view of the river and city.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Hi Jason K,

Thank you for choosing Hotel Riverton during your visit in Gothenburg. Our staff has always been the greatest asset and its good to see that you have enjoyed our hospitality. Our hotel is situated close to Järntorget and Linnégatan where you can find many restaurants and bars within 10 minutes walk.
Wish you a great fall!