- Excellent location for a family holiday with visits to main attractions such as Liseberg and Universeum (10min walk to both), also a short walk to the more central parts of Gothenburg.
- Smooth check-in and check-out and we got a room right away even though we were very early.
- Surprisingly spacious clean room with comfortable bed
- Great breakfast buffet with most things you could wish for.
- Easy access to free and speedy WiFi
- A gap around the door made the room very noisy...made worse by the fact that we were right next to the elevators and ice machine. Also, the shower drain in the bathroom made a lot of noise seemingly when people above used bathroom or their shower.
- Horrible dinner at the hotel. Been a long time since we've had such dry, overcooked, and tasteless meal. Paid full-price even though one steak was inedible.
- Boring view from the room
- Advertised children's playroom was a corner under the stairs with some worn toys
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Scandic Opalen hotel is located in central Gothenburgh within easy reach of shopping, restaurants and culture. The hotel is a perfect base for exploring the city's many attractions like the Poseidon statue, all the exihibtions held at Svenska Mässan, Universeum and the Museum of World Culture. Gothenburg's famous amusement park - Liseberg - is only a short walk away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Scandic Hotels, Ebookers, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Scandic Hotel Opalen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Scandic Hotel Gothenburg