Stayed at Rubinen a couple of years ago and decided to go back. Had booked the smaller Economy room (a smaller sized room with its own bathroom, wardrobes, desk, armchair but just a queen sized bed up against the wall to save space). The room was actually larger from what I had thought and very comfortable. Unfortunately the tv didn't work and after notifying the front desk we were moved to a large family room, no extra charge. The family room was great, very spacious (but with a rather small bath, considering that it was supposed to accommodate an entire family). The room had good sized bed, desk, wardrobes, armchair and fold out sofa (roomed two). Delicious breakfast buffet, and the restaurant connected to the hotel was excellent. Also superb location right in the middle of the Avenyn street in city center. Highly recommended!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Scandic Rubinen is located on Avenyn in central Gothenburg, a stone's throw from the famous bronze sculpture of Poseidon at Gotaplatsen and Kungsportsplatsen. Scandic Rubinen's central location in Gothenburg makes the hotel an ideal place for those who want to be close to Gothenburg's culture, shopping and city life. From our hotel you're also within a walking distance from many of Gothenburg's most popular attractions such as Liseberg amusement park, Universeum Science Centre and the Rohsska Museum. After expansion and renovation in spring 2014, Rubinen has a new design by DOOS architects. The interior has an urban feel and a homely elegance with a mix of colours, shape and details. Facility Our hotel is a natural meeting place in Gothenburg and we offer something to suit all tastes. Ruby Bar is Scandic Rubinen's very own living room and is open day and night. Both hotel guests and Gothenburg locals dine here, and our bar terrace is a great place to sit and watch the city entertainment. Our very own Roof Top bar is located on the 7th floor, with views over the rooftops of Gothenburg and fashionable Avenyn. When you stay with us, you can keep up your workouts in our gym or unwind in our relaxation suite with sauna. Our completely new conference and events floor offers facilities for 2-180 people, and events can be customised for up to 300 people all on one floor. Next to our meeting facilities, there's also an inviting terrace where both fresh air and a drink can be enjoyed by private parties. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ebookers, Hotelopia, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Scandic Rubinen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Scandic Rubinen Gothenburg
- Scandic Rubinen Hotel Gothenburg