This hotel is right on Gothenburg's famous Kungsportsavenyn (the Avenue) street. But if you're in town for shopping, cafés and strolling around I'd suggest you pick a hotel situated in the Inom vallgraven - part of town or close to the railway statiuon/ Nordstan shopping centre. From Scandic Rubinen it isn't more than a 10 mins walk to these areas, but still a bit inconvenient.
The hotel itself is just as dated as the "used-to-be-fancy" the Avenue street where it's situated. If you get a room facing the Avenue it will be noisy. But the breakfast is good. And if you're on a budget their economy rooms are just fine.
There aren't many dangers and annoyances for travellers in Sweden. But the Avenue has many nightclubs and as they empty early in the morning I would be a bit careful as the street is packed with drunk/tired / sometimes angry guests.
If you're leaving Gothenburg by plane from GOT, Rubinen is very convenient as the bus to the airport stops 50 metres from the hotel door. There are several tram lines that pass outside the hotel if you don't like walking. There's a big grocery stoor very close and also a Systembolaget liqour shop.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Scandic Rubinen is located on Avenyn in central Gothenburg, a stone's throw from the famous bronze sculpture of Poseidon at Gotaplatsen and Kungsportsplatsen. Scandic Rubinen's central location in Gothenburg makes the hotel an ideal place for those who want to be close to Gothenburg's culture, shopping and city life. From our hotel you're also within a walking distance from many of Gothenburg's most popular attractions such as Liseberg amusement park, Universeum Science Centre and the Rohsska Museum. After expansion and renovation in spring 2014, Rubinen has a new design by DOOS architects. The interior has an urban feel and a homely elegance with a mix of colours, shape and details. Facility Our hotel is a natural meeting place in Gothenburg and we offer something to suit all tastes. Ruby Bar is Scandic Rubinen's very own living room and is open day and night. Both hotel guests and Gothenburg locals dine here, and our bar terrace is a great place to sit and watch the city entertainment. Our very own Roof Top bar is located on the 7th floor, with views over the rooftops of Gothenburg and fashionable Avenyn. When you stay with us, you can keep up your workouts in our gym or unwind in our relaxation suite with sauna. Our completely new conference and events floor offers facilities for 2-180 people, and events can be customised for up to 300 people all on one floor. Next to our meeting facilities, there's also an inviting terrace where both fresh air and a drink can be enjoyed by private parties. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Agoda, Traveltool, S.L.U., Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Scandic Rubinen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Scandic Rubinen Gothenburg
- Scandic Rubinen Hotel Gothenburg