Scandic Backadal
Kville Hotel(Gothenburg)
Spar Hotel Garda(Gothenburg)
Scandic No. 25(Gothenburg)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewssecure garagewide choice of foodfamily roombunk bedsnice hotelnice breakfastbreakfast buffetbit datedswimming poolhotel is locatedgood sizetwo nightspublic transportvisiting gothenburgbusiness tripfoldcity
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 August 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights in August as part of our tour of Denmark and Sweden. Good hotel that is clean with good food and loads of parking in a secure garage. The usual comfortable Scandic beds, although a little far out of the city there is a good bus service into the city we will stay again I am sure.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Frida C, Chef at Scandic Backadal, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2013

Dear Gracudd

I’m glad you have taken the time to write a comment about us regarding your previous stay at Scandic Backadal.

Hope to see you agin soon!

Best regards
Frida at Scandic backadal

Reviewed 7 August 2013

Staff great and very helpful. Food average and limited with no tea and coffee in rooms. Drinks expensive but the rooms were clean and adequate? Again good central location in the city with most interests walkable

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Zdardi

We are looking into reducing the prices for the wines, so next time you arrive I hope its changed.

Thank you agin for writing about us.
I hope we will se you soon again, your welcome back

Best regards
Frida at Scandic Backadal

Reviewed 21 July 2013

We took a spontaneous trip to Liseberg. Found Scandic Backadal purely by chance - The first hotel on the highway close to the city. Turned out to be a great choice. A comfortable double bed and two pull out beds. Good people at the front desk. Adequate parking. 10 mins drive to Liseberg. The only thing that I missed was coffee maker in the room. The price was excellent. It was Kr. 700 lower than the other hotels that offered rooms for 4 people.

Highly recommend this hotel for families that want separate beds for their children and are spending most of their day at Liseberg anyway.

Room Tip: I am not sure about the other floors. But in the 3rd floor, to go to some of the rooms, you will have to climb some stairs. If you have a stroller, this could be a challenge. Make sure that you check with reception about this aspect.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 June 2013

I booked the hotel before I left US.Check in was easy. I was assigned room 716 on June 5. On June 8 the tv stopped working. It took two phone calls and a visit to the front desk to get maintenance to come to room. The tv could not be fixed till next day. The next day when I went to the front desk Carolina was nice enough to move me to room 714. A few hours later I got a frantic email from my wife that she could not reach me by phone. I then discovered that the phone in the room did not work. I was then asked to move to 719 where both the tv and phone worked. I will be here till Thursday June 14. The laundry service is not available on weekends. I turned my laundry in on Saturday and got it on late afternoon Monday. The staff is friendly but not always helpful. Hopefully once the construction is completed things will improve. Unlike the US rooms do not have coffee pots, refrigerators or air conditioning.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank soodi
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Hotel was under renovation during or stay.

Facade of hotel is covered in scaffold and works externally appear to be nearing completion, this does however mean that any view from the rooms is of initially the scaffolding immediately outside.

We had asked for adjoining and connecting rooms, upon arrival we did not get these, however the roms had just been refurbished and were next to each other so no issue, would have been nice however to have been prewarned that he hotel does not have these kind of rooms when we booked.

Rooms as stated above had just been refurbished, however there was a bizarre odour in on of the bathrooms (wetroom layout) that despite efforts we could'nt disperse all weekend, there was no customary fan linked to the bathroom light as you get in most hotel rooms, so remained steamy and stinky....

Despite making a big thing of the Childrens facilites at this hotel, our children did not recieve their "welcome gift", the childrens room was as follows:
Some tatty toys that were not overtly engaging, a TV for showing kids films that was not on, a games console that was not on, some sheets of paper and broken crayons.

Fortunately we had not planned / counted on leaving our kids here to entertain themselves, however if were that way inclined the kids would have been pretty bored, also the hotel is effectively located in an industrial area, opposite a truckstop, next to a petrol Station and as such not the safest environment to leave your kids unsupervised, especially as the area is located in the reception area where anyone can enter (not insinuating that truckers are at all a risk to kids!).

The Breakfast Buffet on the Saturday and Sunday morning was of a good standard with plenty of choice (Eggs, Bacon, Pastries, Cold cheese's/meat, Fruit, yogurt, herring! etc), Busy but the staff kept the buffet topped up and the tables clean, we had no problem getting a table.
However on the monday Morning, despite being much quieter, the food was tepid / dried out and not kept topped up.

Food options on site are limited with ready made salads available in the small shop or the onsite restaurant which is priced higher than most restaurants in town, unfortunately the only other immediate options are a Mcdonalds/subway opposite or a hotdog from the adjacent Petrol Station.

The Gym was pretty well stocked and not too busy, the pool very narrow and probably a bit small for more that 2 people wanting to swim lengths.

Would say Ideal for a business stopover for someone driving, or for a quick stopover enroute for a Family, otherwise not inspiring for a Family for more than 1 night.

Transport links are very good however if using public transport as 15 minutes to town centre / attractions.

Room Tip: ask for one of the renovated rooms, I would suggest a room to the rear of the hotel would prevent noise from the busy roads to the front of the hotel and afford a better view.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family