3 people are viewing this hotel
Hotels.comUS$128
eDreamsUS$128
Agoda.comUS$128
1,627 results
All reviews tea and cake home made cakes central station charming hotel afternoon cakes chain hotels would definitely stay here again breakfast was excellent reception area scrambled eggs bars and restaurants location is excellent city centre sofa tram
Selected filters
Reviewed 25 February 2019

This hotel opened already 1854! Long history, well kept, continous renovations. Comfy lobby area with sofas, books, magazines, coffee etc. Located in the city, few steps from the Central Rail and Bus Station.
The hotel is owned by a family, does not belong to any chain. All laundry is taken car of in the basement, so limited transports, an important environment friendly factor!

Date of stay: December 2018
2  Thank AAAronsson
Reviewed 24 February 2019 via mobile

Stayed here for the fourth time and the hotel lived up to its expectations. The hotel is old and a little quirky but has some lovely seating areas, the room was very clean and warm, it has an excellent location, great breakfast. By far the nicest place to stay in Gothenburg.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 22 February 2019

Spent 2 nights here and it's a lovely hotel. What impressed me most was the little personal touches. It's not a chain it's a unique hotel that looks after it's guests. There is no bar or restaurant but instead they offer free coffee /tea and home made cakes and you can sit in the lounge and just relax. The morning I checked out they offered to look after my luggage until I was ready to go to the airport , when I came back several hours later to pick it up the gentleman on the desk got my bag and suggested I sit down with coffee and a piece of cake for a little while (And this was after I'd checked out) which I though was a nice touch. All the staff were polite and helpful throughout. If I'm ever back in Gothenburg I'll be coming back here again.

Trip type: Travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Jimmyfizzle
Reviewed 15 February 2019 via mobile

Just stayed 5 nights at the hotel royal and it was spot on
Rooms are very spacious,we stayed in room 472 that was a corner/family room so was really big with an extra room for suitcases etc. Room was also kept very clean by the cleaners too everyday which was nice to come back to after a long day.
Breakfast was decent with bacon eggs available along with an array of fruits,cereals,yogurts etc and even a waffle machine if you fancy something sweet.
Tea and coffee available 24 hours in reception area and it was a nice touch that for most of the day there’s a cake that’s been made available too.
Location wise I don’t think you could get more central. Bang in the middle of all the shops but down a road where it’s quiet enough to think you were miles away. Tram station literally a 2 minute walk if you were to want to go to Liseberg area or Haga (old town) and we went on there and didn’t even pay as there were no staff on there to pay,so bonus lol
All in all an excellent hotel and city for a city break.
A tip I could give to anyone visiting is don’t bother changing any money into Swedish Kroner. Near enough ALL restaurants are card only and 95% of the shops we bought stuff were too. They said it saved any hassle of handling cash.
Any questions just ask

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank alanl666
Reviewed 14 February 2019

We spent another weekend in Gothenburg and for the first time we stayed here, it’s wonderful within walking distance of the train station and ideal location for shopping and dining. The excellent tram service is just a short walk away. The room was on the small side compared to other hotels in the city. However it was perfectly fine for ourselves. There is complimentary coffee and the most wonderful cakes available all the time. The breakfast was excellent. The staff are friendly and helpful. All in all a wonderful experience.

Date of stay: January 2019