Elite Plaza Hotel Goteborg
ScandicHotels.com
US$160
US$152
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsbishops armspillow menuenglish pubturn down servicestar hoteldeluxe roombeautiful hotelblackout curtainslate checksmall roombeautiful roomthe ground floornatural lightbed was comfortablefantastic staygreat barreception staff
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Centrally located, comfortable rooms, very friendly staff who also took care of the car parking and an excellant breakfast (I really love crispy bacon!). I can't find anything to complain about, and would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to my best friend!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KRSUlefoss
Reviewed 13 November 2013

Recently renovated, centrally located, comfortable and with a very friendly staff. I can really recommend this hotel. I stayed for one night in a Superior Room on the first floor and I really enjoyed my stay. I also had breakfast and it was nice with a full continental breakfast. It's just a couple of minute’s walk to shopping, the train station and lots of restaurants and bars etc.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 November 2013

A very nice old building. The staff was excellent. We loved the interior of the room which was a double deluxe.

The breakfast was really good but the dining room was on the small side. The temperature in the room was cold but we could get an element to heat and that was fine.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 October 2013

I very much enjoyed the excellent service, the well appointed room, the wonderful breakfasts and kind staff. I would recommend anyone visiting Goteburg to stay here if you like comfort and a traditional hotel.
My room was very well appointed, bath robes, Penhaligon products, linen hand towels, desk with points for ipad etc., and ample cupboard space. I would have preferred to give this hotel four and a half out of five, as I had a couple of small gripes. One was that my room was not serviced until about 3pm in the afternoon if not later, and the second was that the decor in the room is gloomy and dark. Otherwise, I loved my stay here. There was a huge choice at breakfast, with an excellent array of fruit, including several types of melon and even cape gooseberries. I liked the fact everything was labelled, and there was a good selection of cold meats, smoked salmon etc., and each day there was a selection of different pastries.
The hotel is centrally situated and ideal for business people as well as those enjoying a short break holiday in this pleasant City. The staff are well trained and were extremely helpful to me as a single traveller and arranged tables in good restaurants and helped me with various trips to galleries etc., A good find on booked on the internet, with competitive prices.

Room Tip: Rooms at the rear of the hotel are quieter but rather gloomy, although well appointed and comfortable. .
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 October 2013

My wife and I went to Gothenburg on a free trip provided by Volvo. They put us up for a night in the Radisson Blue Hotel downtown. No complaints there, and the view from the room was terrific! It was too modern for our tastes, though, and sort of spartan and sterile in that way some Scandinavian hotels can be. So we moved to the Elite Plaza the next evening. What a difference! More of the beaux arts old school European higher end appearance and service. All amenities were modern and room was as clean as it gets. Bathroom was impeccable and luxurious. Concierge was a REAL concierge, who can tell you anything and get you anything. Close in to good restaurants, and 5 tram lines right outside the front door. Only minor quibbles: our room had a cheerless view of the alley behind the hotel, and parking is expensive! (Then again, Gothenburg is not set up for car traffic: we turned our Volvo back to the factory the next day and took public trans or rent-a-bikes everywhere, like everyone else).

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the front.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple