“wonderful”

Elite Plaza Hotel Goteborg
Ranked #9 of 67 Hotels in Gothenburg
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Really pleased with this hotel, nice rooms, nice interior, very good breakfast and a great little pub in the basement. 2 great nights were had here. If I can, will come back again. There wasn't anything I would want to be changed.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 3 August 2014

What a fantastic hotel, what a great location, what great service. We were in the hotel for approximately 10mins, giving us time to see our room and our location, before we booked a second night. The staff were awesome, really friendly, really helpful and they simply could not help us enough. The hotel is located just a short walk away from the Opera house, Nordstan shopping mall and all the major central attractions.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank JigsawRobotics
Reviewed 23 July 2014

For business purposes we stayed in Götenborg and spent the night in this hotel. Friendly staff. While checking in I asked if the room was spacious. The response was that all rooms vary in size. So I asked about the room that the lady appointed to me and it was okay she told me.

When opening the room the door almost hit the bed, such a small room it was. On my way down I met my colleague who experienced the same in his room. These are not rooms for a 4 star hotel, according to my experience.

After a short discussion we both received a free upgrade. This new room was only slightly bigger but certainly not wider than 3 meters. The bathroom was so small that I had to keep the door open to prevent me suffering from claustrofobia ;-)

This time I decided to accept it but later I ran into the same lady in the elevator. She told me that there are bigger rooms but then we needed to pay more. That could be an option for next time since the room (except for the size, of course) was fine with all amenities like bathrobes, slippers, tv, internet, toiletries and a well equipped minibar available. And the bed was comfortable as well.

Room Tip: Check the size of the room.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Stayed for two weeks in June and into July and was very satisfied with two-room suite which was probably the biggest, most comfortable suite I've stayed in. Ceilings (in my rooms) were at least 14 feet high and added to the overall spaciousness of the rooms. Front desk staff was very friendly and helpful on many occasions that I dealt with them. Breakfast each morning was excellent with many food choices served buffet style. Tram stop just down the street was very convenient as was the proximity of hotel to shopping, restaurants, etc. Also, hotel has agreement with gym just a minute away (walking) which will allow hotel guests to work out for free in a well-equipped gym. Rooms at the rear of the hotel can be impacted by noise generated from bars/restaurants behind the hotel, something that we experienced, but in a way added to the ambiance of staying in a lively area of Gothenburg. I would certainly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Avoid rear of hotel if you want absolute quiet in the evenings
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Johnc1110
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Within walking distance to many Gothenburg sights. Nice restaurants and bars in the area. Very nice hotel bar.

The standard single room was just ok. Nothing special. Quiet with a small comfortable bed, but the room is small - At least the window was able to be opened otherwise it might seem more claustrophobic. Wi-Fi was very slow with a variety of devices.

But the breakfast, wow - what a selection of breads, meats, cheeses, fish - a big breakfast and dinner are likely the only meals you will need.

Room Tip: I would try to reserve a larger room or suite next time.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Friendly staff, very affordable, very close to everything I needed. I just wished I stayed here longer. The room was very updated, modern, and had everything i needed. I stayed in a superior queen size bed room for 1550 SEK for just one night. While someone else chose the hotel for me, I'd gladly stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank motowninchapelhill
Reviewed 14 July 2014

The staff at the reception not very customer friendly, arrogant and not really interested in the guest - another profession would probably suit better for some of them..
The breakfast area is really small and not suitable when there are many guest in the hotel. Some rooms are really noisy, you here the sounds from the streets very clear, specially in the weekend when party people passing by late in the night. For me this is more a 4 star hotel than a 5 star. It is a pity because the hotel has a perfect location and a beautiful building.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family