Scandic No. 25
First Hotel G(Gothenburg)
Hotel Eggers(Gothenburg)
Hotel Royal Gothenburg(Gothenburg)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewstrain trackscentral stationhotel situatedsmall roomexcellent breakfastcity centreshort staydecent hotelwithin walking distancebeds were comfortableyogurtnice staymini barbusiness tripscrambled eggsfamily roomnoise
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 November 2012

I stayed here alone in November 2012. It is very easy to find from station and from bus stop where you are dropped on shuttle from airport. I would agree with reviews that rooms are quite small, but mine was clean, modern and had no problem with it. It does over look railway but as it was cold I didn't have window open and dd not hear the trains at all.

The breakfast was very good with a selection and I found the staff very helpful.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 October 2012

The hotel is located 500 meters from Gothenburg central Station - along the railway track. Any train - and numerous trams that come into Gothenburg pass within a few meters from the hotel which made it impossible to sleep with an open window. The welcome was perfect - with a very smiling and helpful receptionist. The room is the smallest i have seen - ever - but was nicely decorated , new bathroom and very clean. However - dirty dishes were left in the corridor outside some rooms for a loooooooong time. The breakfast was perfect - many choices and tasty food. All in all the hotel was OK, but given the location and room size not worth the price I paid.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms facing the railway
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 September 2012

We stayed here for 3 nights and we were not pleased with this hotel. At first we got a great impression from the lobby since it's quite well decorated and modern. But when we came to our rooms we were not too happy. Very small which work if you are a couple but we were travelling as a family and brought our stroller which we barely couldn't fit in our room.

Room was clean BUT there were stains around the bed carpet which I thought was quite disgusting.

Service at hotel was also poor. I stayed in a line to get som help because there were no one at front desk for about 10 minutes?! This was because I needed codes to be able to use my computer (WiFi) and though it was written in the information in the room (that you should be able to connect without codes), I still needed to get one at front desk. Tried to call them and get it since I had a little baby in my room but couldn't get the codes so I had to go downstairs with the baby in my arms just to wait for 10 minutes for a person to even show up!

Elevator was a big problem. The hotel only have one available and it's not funny to wait for a lifetime when you have a stroller = no option to use stairs.

Breakfast was good if you look at the options. Fresh bread, yoghurt, pancakes etc BUT we had to sit in sofas in the lobby to eat since the breakfast area was full every single day during our stay.

We also got the wrong bill at checking out so when we were ready to leave we realized that we had the wrong bill. So we had to go back to fix it all over again (and wait for 10 minutes AGAIN to get service) before we could leave.

We are absolutely not going to stay here again!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 August 2012

The place is clean and breakfast is good. The rooms are very small, and ours was facing the railroad with multiple tracks feeding the central station. During our stay, we had to open the window in order to get some fresh air, and the noise from passing trains made sleep very hard.
We have stayed here on previous occasion (in an other small room), but on that occasion, we were facing the backyard, which was quiet.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 July 2012

I stayed here for business and found it to be clean, well kept with friendly helpful staff. Breakfast here was stunning with a very good selection.
The location is very close to the main station in an unassuming street. A short walk takes you to the city centre and numerous good eating places.

Room Tip: Ask for top floor
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business