“Central but that`s it...”
Review of Scandic No. 25

Scandic No. 25
Ranked #27 of 67 Hotels in Gothenburg
Oslo, Norway
“Central but that`s it...”
Reviewed 28 April 2013

When I arrived at the hotel after walking from the centralstation I became aware that the hotelarea didn`t look that promising. The entrance to the hotel were straight opposite the railway/tram and next to a motorbikegarage. Well inside the hotel the woman at the desk was very serviceminded and I hoped the position of the hotel didn`t mather that much.
I got room nr 115 and it was a superior room next to the stairs in first floor. The room itself was allright but the view was terrible. Outside the window I was stearing at a wall in a backyard. Very early I noticed a small shaking of the room and a noise that came every other five-ten minutes. It must have been the tram right outside the hotel.

The sink was leaking, the choice of channels was poor. On the positive note there was to small bottes of cava and some pieces of chocholate.

The worst thing I become aware of while trying to get some sleep. The pillows was terrible. Probably the worst pillows I`ve ever had. And it didn`t stop there. The room next door was very noisy with dogs barking (!) and a couple who seemed to be arguing well into the night. I was very surprises to find out that this was a hotel who accepted pets and that includes dogs obviously. What I didn`t understand was why the hotel gave me a room next to one with two dogs. They should have seperated ordinary customers with those who had dogs and other potentially noisy pets.

The breakfast was very average at best. The choice of food was pretty poor.
The second night I requested other pillows and it was much better than the night before but the couple with the dogs kept me awake until 3 am.

Previous I `ve been at First hotel Avalon, First hotel G and Scandic Opalen and Rica Hotel No 25 was far the worst hotel. Avalon is miles better.

My tip for you is to find another hotel than this. You can do much better.

Room Tip: I do not recommend room nr 115.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank olekristian050

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Limerick, Ireland
Reviewed 24 April 2013

I stayed two nights here, on a business trip. It took some research to find a hotel within my budget in the right location, and because the rate was so reasonable compared to other hotels I looked into I wasn't sure what to expect. There was nothing to worry about.

The loction is very convenient to the station, which is half an hour from Landvatter airport by shuttle.
The room was a resonable size with a very comfortable bed and a generous-sized very modern bathroom with walk-in shower - and a proper hair dryer! Although my room faced the railway lines, there was no noise.

The breakfast is inviting and generous, the staff lovely and friendly, and the decor is cosy and quirky and the whole experience was very positive.

Breakfast is served from 6.30, and on the day I checked out I was leaving earlier than that. When I mentioned this the night before I was offered a take-away breakfast which was ready when I came down to reception in the morning. Breakfast was being set up in the dining room and I was invited to help myself to anything else I wanted to add.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
swansea
Reviewed 23 April 2013

I stayed here as part of a short business trip. The price was good and whilst my colleagues stayed in the much grander post hotel this was perfect for me and only 5 minutes away from the station.

Despite its proximity to the station and tracks it was quite. My room was right next to the lift but the sound proofing seems very effective.

The room was not huge but a good size. The bathroom was clean and spacious.

Breakfast was very good with plenty of choice and and the best scrambled eggs Ive ever had. Good plate of them with some of the smoked salmon sets you up for the day !

All my dealings with the staff were friendly and efficient and the whole hotel seems to have a great atmosphere far better than its bigger soulless rivals.

Two minor gripes:- there was no plug for the sink....great to stop flooding but awkward to shave.

The ironing room on the 3rd floor is fine but the iron is small and not a steam one... disappointing in such a nice hotel.

Other than that perfect for a short trip to Gothenburg.

Room Tip: 416- no view from the window but close to the lift and quiet.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 March 2013

Located in an industrial area, close to Central Station. Great interior, excellent room, impressive breakfast and nice staff from receptionist to cooks and waiter. Travelled with partner and 3 kids, had a double bed and bunk beds in room.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank bavaag
Reviewed 18 March 2013

Only 5 - 10 minutes walk from the Railway and Bus Station and about 10 minutes walk from the city center. Nice lobby and a rich breakfast. Very service minded and friendly staff. Rooms are a bit small but with the best hotel beds I can remember. Don't open windows on the street/railway side. You will hear the trains from appr. 4 o'clock in the morning to midnight. Rooms at the back side are usually quiet, but when we stayed (march 2013) some roof works was going on and a rather noisy fan disturbed the quitness. We will gladly come back to this hotel.

Room Tip: If you want to have an open window ask for a room on the back side.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Matlock, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 December 2012

I had a recent trip to Gothenburg in the freezing cold and was delighted with this gem-of-a-find smallish boutique-style hotel. Everything you ould ask for - and the bed was the most comfortable bed I have ever slept on. The staff couldn't do enough to help you and I can especially commend Daniel and Alexandra who were especially kind. The room was small but adequate and was spotlessly clean. We overlooked the trains and I enjoyed watching their coming and going but I certainly wasn't bothered by them and the noise was minimal, The modern continental trains seem to be so much quieter than ours and I would certainly recommend the hotel to anyone. The breakfasts provided a lot of choice for any taste and the dining area (together with the rest of the hotel) was always spotlessly clean and tidy, This was a great place to stay and was the highlight of the trip - because we couldn't see anything we wanted to buy in the shops and everything was very expensive anyway! Our first time in Sweden and we are left with the impression of very pleasant and kind people and a very clean and lovely city.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
La Spezia, Italy
Reviewed 9 November 2012

I stayed in this hotel in October 2012, very good welcome, room was big, nice and clean, found 2 pairs of sleepers and 2 bathrobes. Since there was a problem with the heaters I asked to change room and I have been moved to another room a bit smaller than the one I had, but nice and with a balcony. The hotel is along the track and centrally located, just an advice if you are sensitive to noises while sleeping, ask for a room on the other side of the rail. Breakfast is really super!! For sure I will come back to this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the other side of the rail
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business