“quaint room but quite small”
Review of Lilton

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Gothenburg
Lilton
Ranked #55 of 67 Hotels in Gothenburg
Reviewed 21 December 2011

We stayed here in July 2011 for 2 nights as part of a 2 week tour of Sweden. The room was pretty, with lovely furniture and bedspread. There were nice touches like homemade biscuits with the tea/coffee making facilities in the room. The buffet breakfast was served in a lovely conservatory room and was stacked with great breads, cheeses and other goodies.

Our only criticism is that the room was quite small but most importantly didn't contain any storage for our clothes. It would be fine for a couple of nights as there are hangers and hooks for a few clothes but it meant that we couldn't unpack all the things we had with us on our 2 week stay.

The hotel staff do go home at around 6pm but they give out a mobile number in case of queries after hours. We didn't need this service so can't comment on how responsive they are.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 27 August 2011

We had two rooms in this hotel, one double and one single. The beds were fine and breakfast was served in a nice little room with fine china. The room smelled a bit musty. The bathroom surfaces had been cleaned, but details like the back of the toilet and corners of the shower had been missed. Both rooms had electric kettles and complimentary tea set-ups, but the cups and saucers in both rooms had been used--sticky and with tea in the bottom of one cup. This hotel was not at all convenient for seeing the city centre, but it was a quiet area.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 January 2011

I was incredibly impressed and touched by the hotel and its staff. In what was a rather traumatic time for me, I was staying alone in Gothenburg for a funeral, their help, kindness and efficiency made everything run smoothly and to plan. I was deeply touched by the owner offering to drive me to the funeral as she would be going near the chapel on her way home, of which I was extremely thankful for.

In all the hotels I have been to in the world, I must say that Hotel Lilton’s design, demeanour and dedicated staff would definitely have me return again without a thought.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 June 2009

The Hotel Lilton is not a full-service hotel, but neither does it command full-service hotel prices. If you can keep this fact in mind, you will enjoy this hotel.

I chose the Lilton because it was ideally located for me, just around the corner from the University buildings where my conference was held.

I wanted to check in after 4 p.m. on a Sunday, and they were able to accommodate me, but I had to do so on my own by entering a code into the front door and then again on a box in the front hall where my key was enclosed in an envelope. Upon arriving, I found that my room and bath were both fairly spartan. For example, I had to remove the liquid soap dispenser from the wall next to the sink to take it into the small shower with me, which was definitely awkward. Although I paid extra for a little more space in a double (as opposed to a claustrophobic single), I was still only given one bath towel.

The breakfast choices were reasonably good (soft-boiled eggs, different breads, ham, shrimp sauce, granola, nutella, and jams) and the sunny breakfast room was very pleasant. The breakfast room was the only space I found to relax in the hotel outside of my room as there was essentially no lobby; the check-in desk fronted a hallway. Theoretically my room had access to wireless internet but I could never make it work. I was able to leave my luggage with the hotel personnel after checkout on my last day as long as I could pick it up before 8 p.m.

I made the Lilton work for me, but this small hotel simply couldn't provide the level of service that I've been lucky enough to experience in even B&Bs that have very motivated management. Again, I found I had to temper my expectations based on the reasonable price that I had paid.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled on business
2  Thank Dr-Jill-from-NH
Reviewed 4 April 2008

The Lilton is a wonderful, quiet, personal hotel in a residential part of Gothenburg. The staff attended to our every need. Our room was more than we expected and breakfasts were superb. There is a bus stop nearby and walking into the main part of town takes about 15 minutes. We will go back again.

• Stayed: August 2004
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Christopher_Tabby
Reviewed 5 December 2006

We arrived late in the day to a mad flurry of traffic...loads of cars and trams and one-way-streets. After checking out the downtown offerings, we followed a Rough Guide Book recommendation and called the Lilton...they had a room and are located in a comfortable area of town. We checked in around 8:30 p.m. tired and hungry. The manager served us wonderful soup and bread, both comforting and delicious.
We crashed in a nice, quiet room. The manager made a special effort to ensure we were well cared for. It's a no-fuss hotel, and very accommodating. We were able to easily walk down to the old town to see the sights. A great place.
Bob and Gerry

• Stayed: October 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
A TripAdvisor Member
London, UK
Reviewed 26 November 2003

A fantastic small and friendly hotel in a quiet and trendy part of Goteborg.

The rooms were very Swedish in style and the breakfast was lovely.

Informal atmosphere and very relaxed.

Definitely recommend it.