“Excellent.....:)”

ProfilHotels Hotel Opera
Ranked #33 of 67 Hotels in Gothenburg
Reviewed 19 September 2013

it is agreat hotel just next to the bus stop and close to the main shopping street. really love td breakfast too. it is next to the biigest malls i gothenurg. walking disatnce to the ocean. Great.

Drwaback...rooms are small...litfts are small

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for ProfilHotels Hotel Opera

Reviewed 17 September 2013

I just checked in and the welcoming in the reception was far from friendly. The guy asked if two nights was correct and then just swiped my credit card and handed me my key and pointed to the elevator. He didn't even say welcome nor did he give any information about breakfast or anything.
According to the hotels site and the booking site they have a gym, sauna and even a steam-sauna which I figured to use but after asking I got to know they charge extra for that.

The disappointment continued after stepping into the room. I had booked a "Grand business room" to be able to do some work but there is nothing grand nor "business"... Sure, it's clean and fresh and the bed is comfy but with a table of about a foot and a half across I can't even fit my laptop and mouse side by side.

The location is great though, smack in the center of town so no complaints there.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank awasen
Reviewed 1 September 2013

I stayed at GH Opera for five days. Originally booked a simple double room, but was really small for two (in the old part of hotel). Moved to a double in the new building, 200Kr/day. Windows open to a square at central station. It's sound proof, but lack of air means full time A/C which is not great, especially if one is sensitive or when it's nice outside. Bed is very soft. Bathroom is nice. Staff was helpful. Breakfast is good.
This hotel seems overpriced, as rooms are not great. Sure, good location, but centrality in Göreborg is not very important as public transport is superb.

Room Tip: New part, better rooms (200Kr extra) but open to square.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
YvetteGOT, Revenue Manager at ProfilHotels Hotel Opera, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2013

Dear guest, thank you very much for taking the time to give us your feedback. Gothenburg was blessed with some very nice weather this summer and the climate-control did not always manage to keep the cool. Location is of course one major selling point, but as you also point out public transport works very well. Wishing you the best we look forward to seeing you again. Yvette Apelstedt/Revenue Manager

Reviewed 27 August 2013

Spent 1 night here on route to visit family on one of the surrounding islands. Great location - right on the bus terminal and city doorstep. We were in the older part of the hotel and the room was very small with no hair dryer or tea/coffee making facilities. When I asked for a kettle I was told there were none because of the fire risk - I thought most kettles turned themselves off when boiled! I was offered a thermos flask of hot water if I phoned down to reception. Apart from that the room was spotlessly clean and staff were friendly and helpful. One night was fine but would not have wanted to stay longer and certainly wouldn't rate this as a 4* hotel.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a room in the newer part of the hotel.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Linda, thank you for leaving your comments on Trip Advisor. Your feedback helps us in improving our product. Regards Yvette Apelstedt, Revenue Manager

Reviewed 25 August 2013

The hotel is conveniently located in front of the Main station and this was a big plus for us travelling with the kids and needing only one night in Goteborg. Room arrangement (all 4 in one room) was ok (nothing more) but at the end all cramped we got into it. The problem was that all the sheets badly smell (and possible were) synthetic. No chance to open the window. Well, we said it is just for one night.. but in the morning we got up with headache..Let's have Breakfast then!. When we got down it was an even worse since for lets' say 60 places there were at least 100 people. Huge queues, food missing etc. Nada Mas!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Dear Guest, we appreciate your coments. Unfortunately, space is limited when staying in a family-room or a room with extrabed. The linen is made from eco-friendly cotton. We are aware of that the breakfast logistic sometimes is scarce. However, we manage the large number of guests during the summer and weekends by arranging a second buffet and breakfast area. Sometimes,
it is not enough when everybody wishes to have their breakfast at the same time. We apologize for any inconvenience and will keep trying out solutions to improve. Looking forward to seeing you and your family with us again. Yvette Apelstedt, Revenue Manager

Reviewed 25 August 2013

Good view, its nearby of center city and of bus terminal station and restaurants. A little expensive for a small room without options for fun, internet was really bad. Staff are helpful and courteous.

Room Tip: i liked of corner room because had a good view.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Gruboo

Dear Guest, we appreciate your point of view. We apologize for the bad internet connection, due to a failure which we are happy to say, now has been solved. Looking forward to seeing you again. Regards Yvette Apelstedt/Revenue Manager

Reviewed 24 August 2013

I arrived quite early in Gothenburg by train from Oslo and spent 2 nights here. After exiting the central station, I was relieved to see the hotel just across the street and made my way over. It was 10-10:30am and with me arriving well before check in time of 3pm, I tried to check in with the expectation of being told I could store my luggage there until nearer check in time, but was relieved to be told and with a friendly smile and professionalism, that my room was ready. So perhaps I got lucky that it was available at that point, but that was a nice gesture to get the room early all the same.

Upon entering my room, I wasn't exactly blown away being in the older part of the hotel, but it was as shown in the pictures so I already knew what to expect and it was a large and had a nice sized bathroom, so I was happy.

I then made my way out exploring the city and to my surprise I was right by all of the major shopping areas, with lots of bars, restaurants and squares all within easy distance, so I think the location is excellent for most travellers needs.

I slept well during my stay as the room was totally silent and dark once the curtains were closed.

My only disappointment really was breakfast time. It was hectic in the breakfast area and resembled a cattle market of guests hustling for space and position at the buffet and for the tables. I looked to see if any tables were available and there were perhaps a couple, but as they hadn't been cleared and cleaned I decided to eat elsewhere. Luckily my favourite coffee chain Starbucks was right across the street at the station and I could relax and enjoy my breakfast there.

It was international culture week in Gothenburg when I visited and Roger Waters was playing one stadium and IFK Gothenburg were playing in the other, so I might have chosen a particularly busy weekend to visit. I think the hotel was fully booked.

So I would have given the hotel top marks if not for the breakfast situation, but i'd still be happy to stay there again if I were to revisit Gothenburg.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo

Dear Jiglo, we are happy to know that you did enjoy your stay with us despite the breakfast issue.
It is very unfortunate that you were unble to have your breakfast in the hotel. Even though the hotel is very busy and fully booked you should be able to enjoy your breakfast. Let us know when you will be staying with us again. Best regards Yvette Apelstedt/REvenue Manager