“Good hotel in a good location”

Radisson Blu Scandinavia Hotel, Gothenburg
Ranked #25 of 67 Hotels in Gothenburg
Richmond, United Kingdom
“Good hotel in a good location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2013

Good location, very clean, although not cheap (like most hotels in town).
Had an outside facing "business" room facing the station, but no noise issues at all.
As a regular (business) visitor to the area i will probably stay here in future.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
RadissonBluGbg, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Scandinavia Hotel, Gothenburg, responded to this review, 3 October 2013
Lovely to hear that you appreciated your stay here and we are much looking forward to hosting you soon again.

Henric Zethelius, Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (180)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
home
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2013

Located 2 minutes from the main train station and easy walking distance to city center, pedestrian zone. Very clean, great staff [ especially very helpful concierge ], good breakfast. This is the 2nd tome we have stayed at this hotel and we'd certainly return again. By the way, this is where Volvo houses their buyers from the overseas delivery program.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
How lovely you enjoyed your stay here with us when picking up your new car. Especially nice to hear that you enjoy our staff so much.

I hope you enjoy the new car and we are looking foward to seeing you back here soon again (perhaps a car for the country house as well...).

Wehl
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2013

Stayed here one night on a business trip. Parking is a bit of a hassle. The booked me into a room facing the atrium and did not have a regular room available facing the outside, which I preferred.
Got a junior suite at little extra cost. Great service! Unless you like fully climatized rooms facing the inside, I recommend rooms facing the street, where you can open the windows. Beds are very comfortable and the triple glassed windows make the street facing rooms very quiet. Certainly would stay here again.

Room Tip: Unless you like fully climatized rooms facing the inside, I recommend rooms facing the street, where...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Lovely to hear you had a good stay with us and appreciated the service. Glad to hear you thought the added money gave good extra value and that you enjoyed the junior suite.

Very much looking forward to hosting you here again.

Globe, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2013

I stayed four nights on business, had a business class room on the fifth floor overlooking the main square. Like most other hotels in Gothenburg, it's expensive, but I felt it was good value for money.

Location is very good, just off the main train station and a five-minute walk to Avenyn, the main avenue. Several food and shopping options within a ten-minute walking radius.

My room was very comfortable. Spacious and clean, I enjoyed the view of the city and the windows sealed all outside noise. Breakfast was included in my rate, and was a little disappointing (felt a bit short of the standard Radisson selection), although it still had tons of items to choose from. It also gets crowded at times, but the staff seemed to handle it. Very friendly staff, all of them.

I would certainly go back if I could snatch the same rate.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
How lovely to hear that you have had a pleasant stay with us and enjoyed the room and the view. Please never hesitate to tell us if there is anything you miss at the "Super Breakfast". We do have the same standard throughout Radisson so you should be able to find the samt favorites here as you do anywhere else in the world.

Very much hoping you will be able to make it here again soon.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2013 via mobile

Very nice hotel for meetings in the bar. Good food, nice rooms and I would like to give a special credit to the personnel at check-in and concierge. Location is also very good, with a short walk to Gothenburg centre.
Great experience. I'll be back.

• Stayed September 2013
RadissonBluGbg, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Scandinavia Hotel, Gothenburg, responded to this review, 19 September 2013
Hello

How very lovely of you to share this nice review of your stay with us here in Gotheburg.

We are much looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Basingstoke, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2013

Tried this hotel after staying at the clarion hotel the week before (similar great location), for me the inside of the hotel was unique and impressive, hotel Rooms looking facing a covered dining area. The highlight was the exceptional customer service from reception, I was staying 2 nights, but due to room availability I would be in a room one night (std room) and a family room the next night. When checking in the receptionist moved me straight into the family room so I did not need to check out and in twice. A nice little touch, would stay there again

Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
RadissonBluGbg, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Scandinavia Hotel, Gothenburg, responded to this review, 16 September 2013
Hello

How lovely to hear that you had a good stay here and that the staff were able to help you in a good way upon arrival. We really appreciate you taking the time to deliver this nice feedback to us.

Very much looking forward to seeing you here soon again.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2013

I booked this hotel via an Internet booking agency and was not sure whether my extra request to have a baby cot in the room would be fulfilled. I sent an email to the email address that I found in the hotel homepage and asked whether our request can be fulfilled and whether any extra cost would incur. I got a very rudy email back saying that I have booked the room for 2 people and there cannot be 3 people in the room. And that I should contact my travel agency to change my booking. Well, I decided not to do anything and just see what will wait for us when arriving at the hotel. As we were going to arrive in the hotel late at night I called them earlier in the day after landing in Sweden to tell them that we are coming late and also asked about the baby cot. Now it was very friendly service and totally different story from the email. Yes, there will be a cot as you have requested in your reservation. Thus, this all ended well, but the email service (which by the way came from a central service from Dublin) was still below the mark. Even though our stay at the hotel was excellent I will think twice before I book for Radisson Blu again because of my email experience. (Except that I had already booked at this point another stay in Radisson Blu in Antwerp.)

But about the hotel...Hotel has pretty retro feel, thus rooms are not really stylish but big and comfortable. Breakfast was really great with large selection. Location is central as it can be.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Hello

Glad you have enjoyed the stay at the hotel and that we were able to help you. Very sorry about the e-mail from our colleagues in Dublin. I will of course pass on your feedback to them as well.

I hope your next stay was good and that we do get the chance to see you here in Gothenburg soon again.