“Smelly room and lying front desk staff”

Best Western Tidbloms Hotel
Ranked #45 of 67 Hotels in Gothenburg
Reviewed 24 September 2013

I stayed there for 3 nights and the room really smells! Besides the weird smell, the room itself wasn't too bad. Quite small but like any other Gothenburg hotel, it feels clean. I bought the package with parking including but at first staff says it's not and then after I insisted them to check again (It was the only reason why I chose to stay there at the first place), they said ok now they see it. I parked right outside the door and I asked the front desk that I was parking outside and if I need a pass on my windshield because I could see that there was a ticket machine next to it. As a foreigner to the country, I always make sure it is done by the book. The front desk staff waved and said no. Of course, I got a ticket the next day and now the front desk said oh you have to move your car somewhere else our parking is not here. They insisted that they gave me the direction to the hotel parking but if they did why wouldn't I move my car already? When I checked out, the front desk told me that they were sorry about the ticket so they gave me a discount on the third night but they lied yet again. I booked all three nights from my company travel website and I booked the three nights in different time, hence the different rate. It was the same rate as I booked it. No discount whatsoever. I mean, come on!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Kat C

Reviewed 22 April 2013

Rooms here are nice by European standards. Decent size work area but the bathrooms are a bit on the small size. Staff is extremely helpful and friendly offering local directions and dining recommendations. There is a gastropub on site. Decent buffet breakfast which is included. Food and drink are quite good which is helpful because there is not much else close by.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Cliff B
Reviewed 3 March 2013

This cosy hotel was perfect for our weekend stay. Located 10 minutes tram ride away from city centre on tramline number 1, it is only a few minutes walk to the tram stop. Our double room with ensuite bathroom was well sized with TV. The staff were very helpful and friendly, they provided maps and were keen to help with any queries we had. There is an unusual bar on the ground floor which is well stocked and where breakfast is served in the morning and many different beers can be tried in the evening! The breakfast selection was very good and it was a filling, tasty way to start the day.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 February 2013

Instead of writing my own review I can just copy paste the existing one who says it all : Small and nice hotel, good service clean rooms, good breakfast, quiet hotel the staff is polite and helpfull, overall very positive experience and will book here again next time in Gothenburg.
The restaurant is more like a bar but the food is good. A little more choice would be appreciated.
You need a car to get into the town because a it takes a 30 minutes walk (which is also possible and healthy !) Near to the highroad. Not a lot to do around the hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Armani_on_the_road
Reviewed 10 September 2012

Small and nice hotel, good service clean rooms, good breakfast, quiet hotel the staff is polite and helpfull, overall verry positive experiance and will book here again next time in Gothenburg........

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank John L
Reviewed 1 September 2012

Stayed one night at this hotel in August 2012. It's dated but charming and has a lovely ambience and the staff is very friendly. My single room on the 4:th floor under the rooftops was very basic but the queen size bed offered a good night's sleep. Because of the location, a few minutes away from the city centre by car, it's possible to sleep with an open window without being disturbed by traffic noise. The restaurant is a pub with lots of regulars from the neighbourhood and the menu is typical for a pub so you won't get the healthiest food here. The breakfast buffet was perfectly OK. In summary, a basic but cosy hotel with lots of atmosphere. I will return but I will have supper somewhere else.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Busse
Reviewed 16 July 2012

Usually stays at one of the superior hotel in Gothenburg, but choose Tidbloms due to a great deal and the locations since I had some appointments in the surroundings.

It was a very fresh, host and easy hotel. Perfect if you arriving with a car, large parking space to just a 1/5 of the price paying in the city of Gothenburg. Extremly easy to reach if you coming with car from Oslo, Stockholm or Malmo/Copenhagen.

Yes, it is very old and charming in one way - even if you might get the feeling of an old town hotel that hasn't been updated for decades. Room was tiny, but with a nice comfy bed, small bathroom but enough space for a night. The furnitures etc. was updated as well as the textiles. It was compare to fx. Scandic good quality for a good price. Much better breakfast than I expected with fresh breads, youghurts, a good selection of hot items and fruits. You could easly get the impression of the front desk as amateurs, but they was very friendly and easy going, arranged everything that we needed.

Restaurant was a cool british pub full with locals. Not at all so expensive, we arrived upon Happy Hour with a full terrace and 20% discount on all food. It was a picture that H.R.H Crowne Princess of Sweden had dinner there for a year ago, and I'm sure she did get as good food as ours.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business