“A really bad hote”

Ranked #42 of 67 Hotels in Gothenburg
Tel Aviv, Israel
“A really bad hote”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2010

I had a really bad experience in the Tidbloms hotel. I had stayed in the hotel for a week in October 2010. The rooms are too small, the shower is tiny, the radiator wasn't working well and it was very cold at nights, the towels were nor replaced by clean ones, the hotel in far from the city center and in a too quiet neighborhood.
And is that is not bad enough I got locked out on the first day of my stay at the hotel- I came back from dinner at 11 p.m and the hotel door was locked and the reception was closed. I had to wait outside which was freezing and use me cellphone to call the hotel for them to give me the code... It took them a few minutes to find the code while I was outside.. Go anywhere else!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
4 Thank Dali030

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Greek first
Malmö
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2010

Going to the festival Way Out West we just needed a place to sleep and chose a hotel that wasn’t very expensive. The room was slightly worn and the tv old, but the beds were comfortable and the bathroom modern and clean.
I shared the room with two teenagers and I slept in an extra bed. It was not very comfortable as the mattress was rather thin. I guess the extra bed is more suitable for younger kids that don’t weigh much.
The staff was very nice and helpful.
There was a nice library and a sauna, but we never had the time to try. I also noticed there were childrens movies you could borrow for free.
The breakfast is served in the dark restaurant. Probably cosy in the evening, but in the morning you long for the sunlight to wake you up. The breakfast is good, but not outstanding. Yoghurt, cereal, bacon, scrambled eggs, sausage, boiled eggs, pickled herring, bread, cheese, cold meat and fruit.
It was easy to find the hotel by car (but harder to find the freeway on our way back home) and the parking is free (unusual). The hotel is not downtown, but there are several trams closeby that take you to the Central station, shopping, Liseberg or to Linnéplatsen and Way Out West.
If you just want a comfortable bed and breakfast at a reasonble price, i think this is good enough.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank Barfota
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2010

We only managed to find this hotel because of our GPS (after taking a wrong turn and taking another 15 minutes on the highway!) so please get a GPS if you want to get to this hotel!

The hotel is a distance away from the central area so you will need a car.
The room is alright, comfortable bed, there is a nice bar downstairs which my husband likes (the bar food there is not bad too). There was free internet which was very fast and we like that. There was also free parking.

Breakfast was not bad, except the watermelon at the breakfast seems to be spoilt, i had to spit it out because it tasted bitter.

We did find our stay there comfortable.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
Son, Norway
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2010

We arrived in the afternoon, and had no problem finding the hotel thanks to our GPS. Without a GPS you might need a map to get there, which can be found on the homepage of the hotel.

Positive:
The staff greeted us and had our key ready so no delay in the reception area.
We had a family room which were the largest room at the 2nd floor. More than enough space for us and our baby. But with the windows closed the air got very thick in there and with windows open, we had to much traffic noise.

The restaurant/pub connected to the hotel had great food and drinks which were reasonably priced. The hotel breakfast was served in the same restaurant.. Not the largest, but good quality.

Negative:
The reception staff never greeted us when we passed them on our way to the room with the exception of when we checked in and out
The reception staff also decided to eat breakfast together with the guests.. That does not bother me much, it might even bye charming to share the room with the staff, but they started talking about the problematic guests from last weekend so that we all could hear them.. I think that is very unprofessional.
The wireless internet did not work in our room
We did not get the same amount of towels as we put on the floor for replacement.. (this is important when traveling with kids).

The first impression of the hotel saved the 3/5 grade.. without it it would have been 2/5.

might look for a another hotel next time.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
Gelderland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2009

The hotel is approx 15 min by tram from the city center. It's just of a major road, but far enough not to hear it too much. It was clean, and staff was friendly.
The rooms are quite small and have free WIFI. Breakfast buffet is nice. Apart from the bar/restaurant there is also a large library room, for quite reading or chilling.

• Liked — free WIFI
  • Disliked — location
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled on business
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2009

A basic hotel. Nothing special!

The bed was good, the room was sparce and in need of some love. The hotel had a bar and restaraunt, but nothing more. The food was good and reasonably priced (for Sweden!), breakfast was good, with a range for everyone.

There was a mix up on the booking, despite me booking and paying on thier own website 4months in advance, they told me that payment had not gone through and I needed to hand over a credit card. I had no way to check and no alternative so had to go with it, but they we bordering on the rude!

I hadn't been charged, and still got the deal I booked, but was not impressed that they had had my booking for 4 months and hadn't bothered to contact me if there was a problem!

Still, a Best Western is a Best Western, nothing to shout about, just was the nearest place to where I needed to be!

A Travellodge by any other name!

• Liked — Location.
  • Disliked — Everything else!
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled on business
Guildford, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2008

No frills option but perfectly functional.

Stayed in this hotel with a colleague and both agreed that the breakfast area (looks like an old mill) was extremely spooky but no real concerns.

• Stayed June 2007, travelled on business