“Friendly, but not as good as I was lead to believe” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Flora

Hotel Flora
Ranked #26 of 68 Hotels in Gothenburg
Scotland
“Friendly, but not as good as I was lead to believe”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2013

Situated conveniently for the City centre and the park, I believed that this would be a good place to stay. However I was somewhat disappointed. The hotel has some very good features. For example the bedding is wonderful, and there is car parking opposite the hotel. My first room had no drawers whatsoever for storage, and the plug in the washbasin did not work. I had no bedside table and found that the lack of storage space really inconvenient. I presume that people only stay here for one night so that they do not need to put away undies etc., My second room was better, but noisy. Breakfasts were average and in the mornings it was frankly a 'scrum' in order to get a table and in order to help myself to food. The bar in the evening serves as a breakfast bar in the morning and there was not enough space. Food was adequate, but the tea making facilities were a joke to anyone from Great Britain with little infusing bags which leaked tea leaves into the water.
The staff were helpful but I felt they were over loaded with work and trying to do things for guests.
There is a nice atmosphere in the hotel, but I felt the prices were high for the rooms and the breakfast provided and I moved to a much better hotel which was cheaper after three nights. This hotel has absolutely splendid breakfasts, better equipped bedrooms and was cheaper than the Flora.
I would not choose to stay here for a relaxing visit but it is perhaps more suited to business people just staying for one night.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the rear as the ones at the front are noisy from traffic and passers by.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Göteborg
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2013

Very nice hotel. The breakfast was very good and the breakfastroom was very familiar.The room and bathroom were clean and nice.The hotel is near Kungsportsavenyn. We can really recommend this hotel.Nice!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2013 via mobile

Nice little hotel in the heart of Goteborg. The hall is an open-space outfitted with tables, and sofas as it is also the breakfast room and the bar. Furnitures are stylish, lights are soft (in perfect swedish stile), good music at right volume is played most of time.... The final resukt is a "cool warm place".... The staff is professional and friendly.... In some way they are cool too!
Breakfast is very good with a wide, even if not huge, range of choices.

The rooms are nice, clean and comfortable. Mine was very small (a little too small....) and I was a bit disappointed, but my luckier colleague had one much bigger.

The price was a bit high, but I think it was mostly due to the big book's fair that was going on in those days.

Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Athens, Greece
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2013

My young son and I recently spent two nights at Hotel Flora. It had been recommended to us and we were not disappointed !!! The location could not have been better- in the centre of everything. The staff were beyond kind and could not do enough for us -- Due to my work and passion for adventure I have travelled all over the world and I must say that the reception staff at this Hotel are exceptionally kind, helpful and professional. The beds provide the sensation of 'sleeping on clouds' -- I was loathe to get up in the morning and eager to jump in at night. Based on my experience of this Hotel and Gothenburg in general I will be returning in the spring for a weeks vacation with the whole family.

Room Tip: Due to the central location of this hotel we asked for a quiet room and that is exactly what we got...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Sweden
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2013

Flora is a quite nice, boutique-style hotel. Location is perfect in the middle of the city. Walking distance to everything.
The rooms however (at least ours) was small. Don't mind that personally, but a double bed of only 140 cm is too small I think. The room was quite hot as well during the night.
Breakfast was great though. Rooms are very fresh.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Grimstad, Norway
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2013

Me and my girlfriend came to this friendly, small and cozy hotel late friday night after driving for seven straight hours in a vintage Mini cooper. Needless to say we where quite exhausted. The young gentleman who greeted us gave us a couple of tips regarding parking (the hotel depends on public/private parking in nearby parking lots). A bit annoing that you couldn't pay for a whole day, but that just ment that we needed to get up at a reasonable time.

The breakfast var really good and just to my liking. Some basic stuff and some more interesting bits. Great coffee as well. They even give you a small form to fill out if you want to take the breakfest with you before the breakfast buffet opens.

The staff there is super helpful, when our car was locked in due to someone oversleeping at Europark, they immidiately started calling people and trying to help us, way more helpful than Europark main office who just told us that they where in Stockholm.

After a great day in Gothenburg we came back to our room which had a visit from the house cleaner. To our surprise we had some small red bugs in our bed, about three or four. We snapped a couple of pictures and told the receptionist about what we had found. She immidiately reacted and came to our room. The whole thing was handeled very well. We where given a new room (actually two single since the hotel was fully booket), they immediately gave us a discount (and later a full refund) and promised to keep us posted on their findings. All the way we where taken seriously, they where super helpful and understanding. Really, we don't mind a couple of bugs, and we even said that we could just do with some new sheets, but the hotel insisted.

Coming back to Norway I got a phone call from the manager, excusing what happend and later the same day a mail follow up on the situation explaining that they closed off the room and that a cleaning company had been called to investigate.

To sum up: Fantastic service, all the way! Great breakfast and a super location. Everyone can be unlucky and I do believe that the bugs must have been a one time accident. Me and my girlfriend would definitely go back next time in Gothenburg and would absolutely reccomend this to my friends and family.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mikal_v
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013 via mobile

We occupied a quadruple room and to our surprise there was no A/C.

The staff was nice and helped us with a fan and windows opening (very Swedish windows, kind of hard to use, unless you are told how.)

The only problem we had was the parking, as in Sweden you can't pay for the whole day at your parking slot, but you can pay for a max of two hours and should you extend it, you must even move your car every two hours anyhow! So we ended up going to a Garage (Pedagogen) to park our rented car, which the hotel suggested. Very short distance, about 200 meters away. In there there is not limitation about parking and time and slot occupancy. They have opening and closing times though (6.30 - 21.30)
As for the service and breakfast, they were both very good. Therefore, the only flow is the lack of A/C and being the weather hotter and hotter these days it would surely be a plus, even in Sweden.

• Stayed July 2013