“Great location excellent service!”
Review of Avalon Hotel

Avalon Hotel
Ranked #3 of 67 Hotels in Gothenburg
Reviewed 30 March 2012

This is a veryyyy long overdue review actually from Dec 2010.
Had a great one night stay exploring my own city for my husband's birthday.
Rooms were clean and excellent location. Only downside was we could hear the noise from people partying at a club nearby, we checked in Friday night. Our room was facing "Saluhallen".
Receptionist was courteous enough to ask how our stay was so far when we were about to have breakfast (excelleny breakfast indeed!) so I mentioned about the noise.
She was so sorry to hear that and said we could've asked to be moved to a room higher up but replied we felt it was unnecessary to go through that mess packing and moving since we were only spending the night.
After checking out I left my luggage at the reception since we were going to shop before going home.
When I got home and unpack my bag I found a sorry note from the management and a complimentary soap from Bvlgari.
That's what I call customer care! Way to go Avalon!

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank mystiquel
There are newer reviews for Avalon Hotel

Reviewed 29 March 2012

This was a great hotel with great rooms and beds and everything up to standard. The service was great and the location is just great! The breakfast was nothing special they could have had some fresh bread rolls and a better selection of cheese!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank VispHafnarfjordur
Reviewed 27 March 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Avalon for my birthday and I can only say it was faultless. A superb location with trendy, clean rooms with exceptional staff. We experienced some of the best service we have ever had and I cannot recommend this place highly enough - there is very little point staying anywhere else. Simply book, relax and enjoy.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PDezza1
Avalonhotel, Manager at Avalon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2012

Hi,

Thank you for taking your time to review your stay at Avalon Hotel.

We are so glad to read that your stay at Avalon did meet your expectations. We do look forward to welcome you back to us next time you are visiting Gothenburg.

Have a nice day!

Regards,
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 27 February 2012

The Avalon is a good hotel, the rooms are not very big, but they are confortable.
The decor is VERY modern!
Service is very good

Room Tip: Ask for a junior suite
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank mundosully
Avalonhotel, Manager at Avalon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2012

Hi,

Thank you for your nice review of Avalon. Welcome back to us, in a bigger room :).

Have a nice day.

Best regards,

Hotel Managar

Reviewed 19 February 2012

Excellent service, location is fantastic, great rooms... Unfortunately, it was a little chilli for the rooftop pool...

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Chris E
Reviewed 3 February 2012

I just spent 4 nights at the Avalon Hotel in Gothenburg, Sweden and it was, without a doubt, the BEST stay I've had at any hotel in Scandinavia - and, in fact, maybe anywhere. And I've been to some pretty amazing places around the globe.

Artful, amazing design
The NICEST, MOST ACCOMMODATING PEOPLE WORK THERE!
The amenities in the rooms - huge deep bathtubs, gorgeous views, hot water pots with
assorted teas - they try to please you, not rip you off
Classy, kind, friendly, smart, dedicated, wonderful people
Great location - just off the main road. Everythingyou need right next door
Beautiful shops and funky fun ones
Nice food and taverns
Just the best, best, best experience ever!

Room Tip: There are no bad rooms there! A number of my colleagues stayed here and we were all totally satisfi...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank melinda311
Avalonhotel, Manager at Avalon Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2012

Dear guest,

Thank you so much for your feedback. We are so happy to read that you are pleased with your stay here at Avalon Hotel.

We do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back next time you visit Gothenburg.

Have a great week.

Best Regards,
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 23 January 2012

I stayed here in July 2011 for 3 nights for a conference. Having been guided to this hotel by other favourable Tripadviser reviews I wasn't dissapointed. The hotel is fashionably fitted out and themed, the staff are courteous and helpful and the breakfasts were fantastic. Thoroughly recommended.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business