“Great boat tour”

Stromma - The Paddan Tour
Ranked #1 of 29 Tours in Gothenburg
More attraction details
Owner description: The classic city tour on the Paddan boats shows you the beauty of Gothenburg from a waterside perspective. The tour takes you under 20 bridges and out to the harbour.
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

We did the Paddan tour, it was great, we expend around 16€ per person for a 50 minutes ride around Gothenburg, the tour was great and the guide was very funny, we sailed through the canals of Gothenburg under very low bridges, it was a great experience and you have the opportunity of looking at the city from a different angle.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

My husband and I thought the boat tour would be a good way to see the sights easily.
We waiting longer than the timetable stated for the boat to arrive. And due to the tour not having headphones for your own language, most of what the tour guide said couldn't be understood.
Unfortunately Gothenburg just wasn't that interesting to us and the boat tour wasn't that interesting either.

Strommagroup, Informationsansvarig at Stromma - The Paddan Tour, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Dear Kellie,

Thank you for your review. I am sorry you were not satisfied during your Paddan boat tour. We always do all our tours in both Swedish and English when we have guests that do not understand Swedish and in some cases also in German. Was this not the case when you were on board? Please send us an email to info@paddan.com and tell us what happened and what date and time you travelled with us so that we can make sure that this does not happen in the future.

I hope the rest of your stay in Gothenburg was a better experience!

Best regards,
Towe
Social Media Manager

Reviewed 24 July 2014

I had some time to kill before I went to the airport and was on my own so I jumped aboard one of these boats. Our hosts was very enthusiastic and brilliant at his job I must say. The tour goes along the water and past the shipyards, giving a history of the buildings and educating you on Gothenburg's ship building history, which I found really interesting. There's some fun to be had ducking under really low bridges as well.

A nice way to kill some time in Gothenburg!

Opposite the place where you get on the boats/buy tickets there's a nice sushi restaurant worth checking out as well.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

I've been on many tours of this type and this one was well done. The guide delivered her commentary in Swedish and perfect English. The uncovered boat goes under a few very low bridges - so low that you need to kneel on the floor while passing under one of them known as the "Cheese Slicer"! The 50-minute cruise introduced us to many attractions in Gothenburg and helped us decide which ones to visit. We also learned a lot about the city's history. Tickets cost 160 SEK which is comparable to similar cruises elsewhere.

Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

The Paddan canal tour is beautiful and very enjoyable. There is not too much to see in the city itself but the vistas are beautiful and, more importantly, the guide was the best. Immaculate English, great attitude, she clearly likes her job and loves her city and this rubs off on you. I wish all canal tours were as enjoyable as this one!