“Night for quiz ”

Cuisines: British, Pub
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 2 June 2017 via mobile

I visit Paddington every Thursday because it is a quiz night! It start at 19.30. The food is very delicious. My favorite is cesare salad, the best!

Date of visit: June 2017

Reviewed 7 May 2017 via mobile

What a great pub! You can come with friends, loved ones or on your own... Any which way you'll be greeted as though your visit was anticipated. Wide sekection if beers and spirits and a couple of wines available too. The food is the best pub food in the city and the seasonally rotating menu always offers a varied selecrion from fish to meat, vegetarian and spice as well as meals for the kids.

Date of visit: May 2017
Reviewed 29 August 2016 via mobile

Sometimes you find a pub or restaurant and everything is just right! Well that's exactly the case with Paddington's in Gothenburg. They have a great range of beers and my god my fish and chips was delicious! Fresh and prepared to perfection. And everyone in our group loved their food. Juicy steaks, a delicious burger and an absolutely cracking Caesar salad. I really could not fault the quality, service or value for money! And they had the football showing! We've definitely arrived!

Date of visit: August 2016
Reviewed 29 August 2016 via mobile

Really lovely atmosphere and great food. We had fish and chips, steak and salad. Delicious and excellent value for money. We hope to be back!

Date of visit: August 2016
Reviewed 8 April 2016

To celebrate my birthday my sisters took me to this pub to watch the Dortmund-Liverpool game. We arrived early to ensure that we would have a place to sit for the game. A friendly waiter took our orders, shared a bit of banter, and we received our meals and drinks not long thereafter. We finished up eating about 15 minutes before the game started. Everything was going perfect so far. We were having a great time.

However, 40 minutes into the game one of the staff members comes up and asks us in a impolite tone how long we're going to stay for. I say we're staying for the entire match and the guy insists we have to move if we aren't going to order more food/drinks. Said he needs the table for people who will spend money. He was "running a business here" (Well running a culinary business includes making your customers feel welcome. jesus christ..).

We were obviously taken aback at how rude this guy was. I even missed Liverpool scoring during the argument. I have never experienced such insulting treatment and shameless greed from restaurant staff. We had prior to this only had 1 round of drinks and they hadn't even asked us a single time if we wanted to order another round. He just assumed we wouldn't be ordering more; so I suppose that makes it okay to tell customers to move?! We found this outrageous since we had already spent a whole deal.

We ended up having to move to the table next to us together with 2 older gentleman. my sisters and I were all very disappointed at what happened. We didn't feel welcome anymore and decided to go to another bar at half-time to finish the rest of the match.

It's a shame that such a lovely evening was ruined by ones greed and disdain for us. We will obviously not be returning and won't be recommending this pub to anyone. All because of this little incident.

Date of visit: April 2016