“Food made with care and attention to detail ”
Review of Barrique

Barrique
Reserve with
Barrique is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 1,477 Restaurants in Gothenburg
Price range: US$13 - US$22
Cuisines: Italian, Wine Bar
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Lovely location both outside and in; what at first look like chandeliers house crystal wine glasses. Lovely ambience excellent attentive service.. I think the approach represents this place as a whole. Detailed wine list even wines by the glass are excellent examples.. Would love a vouvray there! The starter was deep fried baby scallops with serrano ham white radish and reypenaer mayo, and fresh thyme.. Textures and flavours to excite the palate.. Wow. I chose the catch of the day.. Not sure of the name of the fish but perfectly cooked and very fresh; served on Parsnip purée, lemon- and shellfish sauce, roasted fennel, roasted parsnip,
spinach and butter fried cocktail tomatoes.. Superb! No room for dessert but enjoyed the Chablis and the albarino.. Only suggestion: dump the nespresso and invest in a proper espresso machine! Such wonderful staff.. I'm not surprised it was chocka on a Tuesday night! Don't miss it..

Reviewed 4 October 2018 via mobile

I stumbled across this restaurant with only one night in Gothenburg. It had great reviews and far exceeded my expectations. Wine selections were great and my wife and I got the sirloin steak. May have been the best I have ever had. Seriously. Great value with perfect service.

Reviewed 23 September 2018 via mobile

We had a great meal at Barrique. I believe the owner waited on us where is talked in depth about the food wine pairing. The conversation was fun as was atmosphere. Perfect first night in Sweden. Highly recommend. Also, let them pick your meal.

Reviewed 16 September 2018 via mobile

We had the party menu of 5 courses and it was very good to say the least. Everything was very well prepared! The tartare was one of the stars of the evening. Very friendly staff who helped us choose out dishes and wine! Only thing is I’d say it was a bit on the expensive side. I rate my experience an 8.2!

Reviewed 1 September 2018 via mobile

A weekend without the kids. Tried the set menu with the ”good wines” menu. Fantastic food with nice wines and great service. Rustic food done perfectly. No frills, just really, really good food and wines. Great atmosphere and a cosy informal place. I will be back!