“Delicious meal”

Restaurang Swea Hof
Reserve with
Restaurang Swea Hof is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #282 of 1,325 Restaurants in Gothenburg
Price range: US$25 - US$100
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Description: You’ll find Swea Hof’s restaurant and bar nestled inside Gothenburg’s Elite Plaza Hotel. You can enjoy breakfast, lunch and dinner under a glass roof in what used to be an outdoor courtyard. The kitchen serves both international cuisine and traditional Swedish home cooking. The dinner menu features dishes such as: bisque of lobster and porcini; sweet and sour duck with shiitake mushroom, pumpkin and caramelised soya and ginger sauce and sesame noodles; and fried brill with mussels, asparagus and cherry potatoes. The fine breakfast buffet boasts an abundance of cold and warm dishes.
Reviewed 9 July 2012

Very satisfied. Excellent service and very tasteful food! Highly recommended

Reviewed 5 June 2012

I had such high hopes for this restaurant after reading other reviews. Let me start with the good. The bread and local farm butter, very tasty. They cleverly cut the crust off the multimgrain/seed rolls from breakfast to paper thin and then bake to a perfect crunch. The lobster soup was incredible, but that's where the positives end.

They brought us a "complimentary" appetizer, half cooked halibut with roe. Oh my goodness! Halibut is far too fatty to be half cooked, and I don't eat fish eggs. Then there was some kind of cucumber ice thing for cleansing the pallet. I would have much preferred lemon sorbet! The main course was advertised as brill filled with lobster. The brill was moist and tender and totally bland. The lobster was some kind of odd mousse, not lobster. I wasn't going to say anything but the server asked how it was and when I told her she argued that the mousse was made from lobster. Seriously? Then, she came back and said the chef was upset and wanted to make it up to me to make me happy so they took the entree off the bill. Finally, to further make up for it she brought me dessert. It was some kind of strawberry mousse with rhubarb. Again, it was not good. I would recommend if you eat here that you try the lobster soup and bread and call it a day!

Reviewed 6 February 2012

I cannot not believe that the Restaurant Swea Hof is only no.168 out of 342 (Feb. 2012) restaurants in Gothenburg!
This weekend I went there for the second time with my husband, and it was - again - a wonderful experience. I guess that this underestimation is due to the low number of ratings until now. It deserves a much higher rating! I hope that I – with this review - will inspire people looking for a great restaurant experience in Sweden to choose and try Swea Hof.

The restaurant is kind of difficult to spot when passing by. It is placed inside a hotel, and from the outside you cannot see what awaits you inside: A unique place that reeks of past greatness and beauty. The restaurant is actually placed in the alley between two buildings, but now of course fully covered by a ceiling. It gives you a very specially feeling of sitting outside thanks to the decor and the distance to the roof of what must be the one of a 3-4 story high building... The decoration is great with especially an elegant row of enormous hanging lamps that fit perfectly into this huge room, giving it some kind of intimacy.

All in all you feel very comfortable. The room has a perfect balance between surface and table amount. It does not feel crowded, and in spite of the distance to the ceiling, acoustics are fine.

So much for the décor and the surroundings which are separate experiences when visitng Swea Hof. Now to the food… Well, it is simply great! Both times (first time was two years ago, so we were now eager to see if standards had lowered in the meantime) we found everything exquisite, with high food quality, creativity and craftsmanship. The open kitchen reveals cooks that are not originally Swedish but both now and two years ago we experienced dishes showing great love and respect for the Nordic kitchen with a French – or maybe rather an international – touch. The food is basically honest and true to traditions, yet innovative and experimental without loosing the grip. Great tastes, beautiful presentation… The waiters are kind, relaxed and present without being “sticky” or over-informative (something that may spoil an otherwise good eating experience, if you ask me).

Prices are not the lowest in town, but both times we left happy, with a feeling that it was worth every penny. You get what you pay for, that is what matters!

3  Thank HelleKrog
Reviewed 7 September 2009

Spending a weekend with our grandchild and her parents we found the hotel restaurant at Elite Plaza being a hidden gem. Hotelfood are not always a nice experience, but we found a very fresh menu leaning towards seafood. We settled for a 7-course dinner. It was excellent in every detail. The chef asked us for our opinion afterwards since it was premiere. The winelist had nice suggestions for each course. But I have to admit that the bill turned to be a little high, but that had to do more with us then the restaurant itself.
Hence the the four dots in the "valuecolumn"

1  Thank Christer H
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Gothenburg
Reviewed 10 August 2008

Very, very good christmas buffet!

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook