“Amazing Lunch Experience! Authentic at a great price!”
Review of Sjobaren i Haga

Sjobaren i Haga
Reserve with
Sjobaren i Haga is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 1,361 Restaurants in Gothenburg
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 17 November 2013

We popped in for lunch when we arrived on a Fri afternoon. Only had to wait a few minutes before being seated. The waiter was super nice and translated the limited lunch menu for us. We had the fish soup that everyone raves about and it did not disappoint! My husband wanted to go back the next day :) For 210 SEK we both got the fresh and yummy salad bar, fresh bread, huge bowls of seafood soup with large pieces of salmon and whitefish and I got a coffee (which was self serve in this adorable little coffee hutch.) The ambiance was great! This will be our first stop when we return to Gothenburg!!! Highly recommend. (Side note: I'm not 100% sure but I think the lunch special that we encountered is only available M-F.)

Write a ReviewReviews (1,065)

Reviewed 30 October 2013

We just walked along the pedestrian street Haga Nygata where a lot of shops located here. Then we felt very hungry and just went in the restaurant. Surprisingly, the food there taste so good that we were tempted to order more. We had oysters, fish soup, mussels, pasta, baked cod with mashed potatoes etc.

Reviewed 29 October 2013

My girlfriend and I sought refuge here (sans reservation) during a horrible rainstorm on a Tuesday night at 8:00. There were no empty tables when we arrived but the manager was happy to seat us about 20 minutes later, when there were. The service was prompt and responsive, and the fish excellent - as was dessert. It's a small but cozy venue which fits well with the shops there in the Haga neighborhood.

Reviewed 26 October 2013

Wen you come to this place it will probably be no seats available. I suggest you take off your jacket and stay in line, you will wait for 10-15 minutes, but it is worth waiting. Very nice staff and very good food. I recommend the fish soup. I did not eat it, but my wife did - it tasted great. I ate the special of the day, fish. It was also very good.

The only negative for this place is that it is a bit expensive - 140 SEK for the special or for the soup. A bit too much for a lunch in my opinion.

1  Thank Predrag P
Reviewed 24 October 2013

We stopped by Sjobaren for dinner without a reservation and were seen to the last remaining table right away. The restaurant has a great atmosphere and is very cozy. We were not disappointed by the food! Based on reviews here, we had the fish soup appetizer- delicious! Our dinners were equally impressive and the service was wonderful. The price might be a little high but certainly comparable to what you pay at other restaurants in Gothenburg (or Scandinavia, for that matter). We would definitely return to this restaurant on future visits!