My friend and I were meant to fly out on 5/1/12 but due to a bereavement and a planned funeral on 6th we needed to fly 2/1/12 - as we had booked the time off work.
Transun were very helpful and booked us onto the 2/1/12 flight. Thank you Transun for helping us deal with a stressful time.
The flight was with Monarch going out and arrived on time. We were met by Quincy and Peter ( our Transun guides).
They were very friendly and very helpful throughout our stay. Quincy is really knowledgeable about the area and the Finnish people.
The hotel is clean and our room was quite spacious. There is a sauna and a small swimming pool.
There is no hair dryer in the room so take your own.
The food was superb. No typical hotel rubbish ,chips ,chips and more chips!.
On the contrary it was good wholesome food and plenty of it. I am a vegetarian and they catered for me.
The staff are very friendly and welcoming.
In with the price was the Huskie dog ride, Reindeer sleigh ride and the snowmobile ride with a trek to the Northern lights.
The Huskies are amazing and unless you try it you cannot begin to grasp the magical feeling as you move over the snow in the wilderness setting.
The Reindeer sleigh is lovely but very cold and extra layers are needed.
Snow mobiles are hair raising but not to be missed as the forest that the trek is through is almost like a scene from Narnia.
Take a torch on the Northern lights trek as the more the better.
We didn't see the lights as it snowed all of the time we were there but Quincy did say a walk to the back of the hotel on a clear night gives you an opportunity. I set my alarm for 2am but still wasn't lucky enough to see them as the storm didn't clear.
We flew back with Strategic airlines and although there was lots of negative reports about them it was a good flight. We did leave later but that was due to the plane being de iced.
All in All it was a magical experience and one I would love to repeat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Jussan Tupa is a cozy and comfortable hotel that is open throughout the year. Whether it is work or leisure which brings you to Enontekio, you are guaranteed to feel at home at Jussan Tupa! The hotel has two public saunas, a swimming pool, and a third sauna with a living area and fire place, which can be booked for private occasions. At the restaurant, you can enjoy Lappish delicacies. There is a free WiFi for the guests. Hotel Jussan Tupa is located in the administrative centre of Enontekio, called Hetta. All the most important services are located at the very proximity of the hotel. The 'Vuollikka' restaurant by the Lake Ounasjarvi can be booked for large private events. Its beautiful location offers the perfect setting for any celebration. There is also a traditional Lappish 'kota', which seats 30 people comfortably. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Hotel Jussantupa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jussantupa Hotel Enontekiö
- Hotel Jussantupa Finland/Lapland - Enontekio