Wasn't expecting too much but was pleasantly surprised, good basic (and warm!) hotel but seriously recommend being on the 1st floor not the ground - it could be noisy when people were going out in the night to see the northern lights, the big boots you get are noisy so please be considerate to others!
Food was pretty basic but wholesome which is what you want in a place like this.
Hetta itself was very quite, we hardly saw anyone but maybe due to it being between Xmas and NY. Hotel is directly opp the supermarket with a huge thermometer on the front so you were never in doubt before stepping out, how many layers to put on!
You have such good boots and suits that you just need thin layers underneath, at -20 to -17 we had 3 layers but for -10 to -5 you only needed 2. Defo don't wear any makeup or creams on your face as it freezes, the strangest bit was the hairs up your nose freezing as you got off the plane!
We had delays going out and even worse coming back (Strategic airlines) and we lost half a day (out of 3 night trip) due to this so not very happy. Communication about flight delays when in Lapland was very poor and the reps were not given any info from the UK / airport at all. (The airport is just like a small hanger so don't expect much when you get there ie no hot food)
The excursions were a disappointment in that we expected what was advertised but we got no more than 10 mins actually "doing" each eg snowmobiles / husky ride. The majority of the time was waiting around, the snowmobile/santa excursion took us out for over 7hrs with no prior warning and we had no food available to us all of that time, there was only a few things to do for a very short time for kids and nothing for adults (was an hour drive each way). Huskies were better as it was local but again, 10mins ride that was all. very poorly organised as it only takes a small change to take small groups and then no-one is waiting for hours to do anything, we had nearly 3hrs of sitting about in a warm hut doing nothing - not what we signed up for!
Having written to Transun, they aren't interested and are very condasending - other reviews confirm this if you look at forums too so take this all into account. Am sure they are great if you have nothing to complain about!
Overall Lapland is an experience - we did manage to work out its c1500 miles from the North Pole. Recommend Lapland but not with Transun.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Jussan Tupa is a cozy and comfortable hotel that is open throughout the year. Whether it is work or leisure which brings you to Enontekio, you are guaranteed to feel at home at Jussan Tupa! The hotel has two public saunas, a swimming pool, and a third sauna with a living area and fire place, which can be booked for private occasions. At the restaurant, you can enjoy Lappish delicacies. There is a free WiFi for the guests. Hotel Jussan Tupa is located in the administrative centre of Enontekio, called Hetta. All the most important services are located at the very proximity of the hotel. The 'Vuollikka' restaurant by the Lake Ounasjarvi can be booked for large private events. Its beautiful location offers the perfect setting for any celebration. There is also a traditional Lappish 'kota', which seats 30 people comfortably. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Hotel Jussantupa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jussantupa Hotel Enontekiö
- Hotel Jussantupa Finland/Lapland - Enontekio