Just returned from 5day/4 night Polar Magic Santa Ttrip holiday via Transun with two young daughters . Stopped at the Jussantupa Hotel. Only minor gripe was landing at Kiruna followed by a 3hr coach transfer- girls got to say that they visisted 2 countries and flight back was from local airport (apparently our 3hr transfer was a one off)
Anyhow hotel was very family friendly. Good bar with pool table small children's play area and free interent station & craft activities one afternoon.Don't think anyone used the pool/sauna but both available and seemed spotless .Contrary to the other review we found all the food to be of a good quality with separate adult & childrens' meals and extensive choice at breakfast. Rooms clean spacious and very warm -each had small xmas tree with lights and "candle arch" in windows to add to festival feel
Holiday activities were excellenet and all trips well planned and good fun. Temperatures went down to minus 27 though- silk balaclavas are supplied for snowmobile rides but would recommend children also take wool/fabric balacklavas aswell as the helmets supplied for them don't have visors wheras the adults do . Shops opposite also sell full range of clothes including hats/mittens etc but theseseemed pricey,although the exchange rate doesn't help
Small village with well stocked supermarket directly opposite(including small hot deli) and burger grill next door in pretty wood cabin should you need extra snacks no real need as hotel food very filling but always useful for extra drinks
Two minute walk to tobogan/slege slides down to the frozen lake.
Didn't go to snow castle but those who did rated it
The overall experience & value for money was very good and kids loved it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Jussan Tupa is a cozy and comfortable hotel that is open throughout the year. Whether it is work or leisure which brings you to Enontekio, you are guaranteed to feel at home at Jussan Tupa! The hotel has two public saunas, a swimming pool, and a third sauna with a living area and fire place, which can be booked for private occasions. At the restaurant, you can enjoy Lappish delicacies. There is a free WiFi for the guests. Hotel Jussan Tupa is located in the administrative centre of Enontekio, called Hetta. All the most important services are located at the very proximity of the hotel. The 'Vuollikka' restaurant by the Lake Ounasjarvi can be booked for large private events. Its beautiful location offers the perfect setting for any celebration. There is also a traditional Lappish 'kota', which seats 30 people comfortably. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Hotel Jussantupa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jussantupa Hotel Enontekiö
- Hotel Jussantupa Finland/Lapland - Enontekio