Open today: 08:15 - 20:00
Review Highlights
Life changing experience.

Hetta Huskies is without a doubt the best husky farm I have ever visited. From amazingly gifted and... read more

Reviewed 3 September 2018
jlaustin420
Barrow upon Trent, United Kingdom
Amazing Place

We did a great 40min tour around the farm. This place, people and dogs were just amazing. You are... read more

Reviewed 23 August 2018
Jacky M
via mobile

All reviews day safari dog team dog sledding amazing experience no electricity dogs love short safari top priority wilderness cabins great holiday husky experience lucky with the weather northern lights offers great a lot of fun super friendly an adventure
Reviewed 16 June 2014

As someone who is really nervous around dogs, I was pretty apprehensive of this excursion. However, I needn't have been worried as you can get as close to (or far away from) the dogs as you like! When it comes to driving a husky sled, all the dogs want to do is run and they will not bother you at all. It's great fun and such a cool way to see the scenery, I would really recommend it.

Afterwards you can pet the dogs/puppies in their pens - or stay outside the pens and feel safe and secure! All the dogs are either tied up or in large cage-like pens, so it is possible to completely avoid them and there is no chance of a stray husky running up and jumping on you!

So - if you are scared of dogs but curious about husky rides, I would definitely recommend it! I had a fab time and didn't come within more than 3 feet of a dog.

2  Thank Nads_31
Hetta_Huskies, Manager at Hetta Huskies, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2016

Greetings from the Arctic...
I thought it was high time (now that we have time to do so!) to write some thank you notes to those who had given us reviews.
We very much appreciate it and we are very glad that you had an enjoyable time at the farm, even though you are still scared of dogs. We will try to work on that more with you if you ever return again!
We are relatively active on various social media websites in case you are interested in keeping an eye on the antics of the dogs from afar!
All the best
Anna

Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

I have just finished a 5 day safari with Hetta Huskies. The trip was amazing, if a little tiring. The scenery was spectacular and the huskies were inspiring. I have never felt so at home with nature and still had a bed every night. Thank you Pasi, Lonan, Anna and of course my little steam engines Jasper and Jesper.

Hetta_Huskies, Owner at Hetta Huskies, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2016

Greetings from the Arctic and apologies that it has taken me so long to get around to saying how much we appreciated your review!
We are in that brief window, right now, in-between the hectic winter season and the mossie-filled summer months, so we are taking advantage and completing computer projects!
Yesper and Yasper had been hard at work shortly after you left (since they are some of the best diggers on the farm) clearing the undergrowth from some new chain / circle posts we had put in....they love the digging and it saves us some work!
If you would like news about the dogs (and life on the farm), we are active across a number of social media sites!
Anyway, I am so glad you enjoyed your safari and we hope to see you again in the North, one day.
All the best
Anna

Reviewed 8 February 2014

Not being much of a dog person and certainly not a dog lover, I really fell for these hard working close relatives of the wolf. It was awesome to experience driving a dog team in the same way they have since men first conquered this environment. Unfortunately, I need to drop about 30kg to give the dogs a fighting chance of pulling me up the slopes. However, the staff are funny and informative and the forest setting is great. The centre manages to survive thanks to volunteers and they really love their work. I wish them nothing but good despite the fact, I’m still not getting a dog.

3  Thank J B
Hetta_Huskies, Owner at Hetta Huskies, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

I thought that your review was really funny. Maybe next time we manage to persuade you more about the delights of dogs! Thank you for taking the time to review us!

Reviewed 31 December 2013

Unbelievable experience. Wonderful healthy, happy, friendly dogs. Kids enthralled. Well done! So glad this husky experience is done in a responsible manor and dogs are retired and not PTS at the end of their working lives. Visited as part of Transun's "Mistletoe and Wine" santa safari package. Felt very looked after!

2  Thank Rachel C
Hetta_Huskies, Owner at Hetta Huskies, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2014

Hi there. Thank you so much for the review. We really appreciate it. Especially since your time with us was so relatively short. Hope it was a great holiday throughout. Anna

Reviewed 11 December 2013

My family and I visited the Hetta Huskies Farm in summer this year and we had over 30 degrees celsius. We were the only one at that time and came relatively spontaneous to the farm (we called on day in advance). Arriving at the farm we were greeted by two wonderful dogs and the owner. I fell in love immediately with the dogs. We got a private tour through the farm and were shown all the dogs, from puppies to the injured ones. They were all so lovely and happy that visitors were there. The dogs are well trained and you can hug them, feed them or cuddle up to them. I had a lot of fun and the rest of my family as well. Nobody need to be afraid. At the end, everybody had a puppy for his/her own and we went for a walk with them and you could really feel their energy and enthusiasm.
We had great hours there and I would come back as soon as possible and hopefully also for a ride or a longer tour with them at the Finnish Lapland.Thank you guys for a wonderful tour.

Hetta_Huskies, Owner at Hetta Huskies, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2013

Hi there. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your visit. We don't get so many visitors in summer so the dogs and guides really appreciate those who make the long trip North.