Open today: 08:15 - 20:00
Review Highlights
Indescribable 5 day trip!

Four of us recently undertook a 5 day trip up north, and spent some truly unforgettable evenings in... read more

Reviewed 2 days ago
AskaCapetonian
Cape Town Central, South Africa
Hetta Huskies 3-day safari

Hetta Huskies is really something else. With +240 dogs at the farm, they are a beautiful... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
maikeclaessen
Zaandam, The Netherlands

All reviews day safari farm tour dog sledding amazing experience love dogs wilderness cabins lucky with the weather social media learn how husky experience northern lights once in a lifetime an adventure special thanks warm drink one night souvenir shop
Reviewed 16 August 2014

We recently visited Hetta Huskies in late summer. It was fantastic. Pasi and Anna treat their dogs very well and it shows as the dogs are very happy to greet visitors and love hugs and pets as much as they love to run and pull. While meeting the dogs along with the owners and guides at the farm was a great experience, my favorite time was hiking with the dogs among the cloudberries, bilberries, crowberries, and so on through the nature trails around Hetta. With a dog tethered to each of us, the climb was surprisingly pleasant as the huskies' natural desire to pull provided extra assistance without hurrying the pace. And the guides were very knowledgable about the flora and fauna as well as the trail systems.

My wife and I had considered our trip to Lapland a once in a lifetime experience, but after spending a couple days with the huskies, we've added a return trip to Hetta Huskies to our bucket list to experience the dogs in their element -- the Arctic winter!

Date of experience: August 2014
2  Thank ns3000
Hetta_Huskies, Owner at Hetta Huskies, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Hi guys. Thanks for your response. It was fun having you here and the guides loved the break from all of the normal summer building projects. We would LOVE to welcome you back in winter and show you what the hard work in the other months is really targeted for. Happy travels meanwhile. Anna

Reviewed 16 June 2014

As someone who is really nervous around dogs, I was pretty apprehensive of this excursion. However, I needn't have been worried as you can get as close to (or far away from) the dogs as you like! When it comes to driving a husky sled, all the dogs want to do is run and they will not bother you at all. It's great fun and such a cool way to see the scenery, I would really recommend it.

Afterwards you can pet the dogs/puppies in their pens - or stay outside the pens and feel safe and secure! All the dogs are either tied up or in large cage-like pens, so it is possible to completely avoid them and there is no chance of a stray husky running up and jumping on you!

So - if you are scared of dogs but curious about husky rides, I would definitely recommend it! I had a fab time and didn't come within more than 3 feet of a dog.

Date of experience: January 2014
2  Thank Nads_31
Hetta_Huskies, Manager at Hetta Huskies, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2016

Greetings from the Arctic...
I thought it was high time (now that we have time to do so!) to write some thank you notes to those who had given us reviews.
We very much appreciate it and we are very glad that you had an enjoyable time at the farm, even though you are still scared of dogs. We will try to work on that more with you if you ever return again!
We are relatively active on various social media websites in case you are interested in keeping an eye on the antics of the dogs from afar!
All the best
Anna

Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

I have just finished a 5 day safari with Hetta Huskies. The trip was amazing, if a little tiring. The scenery was spectacular and the huskies were inspiring. I have never felt so at home with nature and still had a bed every night. Thank you Pasi, Lonan, Anna and of course my little steam engines Jasper and Jesper.

Hetta_Huskies, Owner at Hetta Huskies, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2016

Greetings from the Arctic and apologies that it has taken me so long to get around to saying how much we appreciated your review!
We are in that brief window, right now, in-between the hectic winter season and the mossie-filled summer months, so we are taking advantage and completing computer projects!
Yesper and Yasper had been hard at work shortly after you left (since they are some of the best diggers on the farm) clearing the undergrowth from some new chain / circle posts we had put in....they love the digging and it saves us some work!
If you would like news about the dogs (and life on the farm), we are active across a number of social media sites!
Anyway, I am so glad you enjoyed your safari and we hope to see you again in the North, one day.
All the best
Anna

Reviewed 8 February 2014

Not being much of a dog person and certainly not a dog lover, I really fell for these hard working close relatives of the wolf. It was awesome to experience driving a dog team in the same way they have since men first conquered this environment. Unfortunately, I need to drop about 30kg to give the dogs a fighting chance of pulling me up the slopes. However, the staff are funny and informative and the forest setting is great. The centre manages to survive thanks to volunteers and they really love their work. I wish them nothing but good despite the fact, I’m still not getting a dog.

Date of experience: January 2014
3  Thank J B
Hetta_Huskies, Owner at Hetta Huskies, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

I thought that your review was really funny. Maybe next time we manage to persuade you more about the delights of dogs! Thank you for taking the time to review us!

Reviewed 31 December 2013

Unbelievable experience. Wonderful healthy, happy, friendly dogs. Kids enthralled. Well done! So glad this husky experience is done in a responsible manor and dogs are retired and not PTS at the end of their working lives. Visited as part of Transun's "Mistletoe and Wine" santa safari package. Felt very looked after!

Date of experience: December 2013
2  Thank Rachel C
Hetta_Huskies, Owner at Hetta Huskies, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2014

Hi there. Thank you so much for the review. We really appreciate it. Especially since your time with us was so relatively short. Hope it was a great holiday throughout. Anna