“Amazing location, great food”

Heidi's Honeymoon Grill
Price range: US$2 - US$12
Cuisines: Seafood, Grill
Good for: View
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: Heidi's is a small seaside operation, that offers gourmet food at a fair price. Seven days a week she serves lunch on the beach, mon thru fri breakfast at the ferry dock, Saturday night is dinning under the stars, and on Monday night we show a drive-in style movie complete with a cartoon and pop-corn
Reviewed 3 July 2014

We visited Heidi's on Water Island after our friends' beach wedding. The place is incredibly unique and fun- a bunch of picnic tables with umbrellas on a beach. It was a beautiful view and we enjoyed our drinks and our meals as the sun was setting on the beach. Very romantic! The drinks were awesome- we tried a bunch of different cocktails- blueberry mojitos, beachwackers, coco cabañas. They also allowed us to bring our own wine and were nice enough to keep in chilled for us behind the bar. There were two choices in meals for the evening- steak with ravioli and Caesar salad and seafood paella. All of us enjoyed our meals- my husband said that his steak was cooked to the temperature he requested and was really tasty. My seafood paella was amazing and, of course, the seafood was really fresh! Our favorite part of the meal was the éclair cake. My friend said that it was the best dessert she ever had! The staff were great and friendly and had lots to share about the island. We would recommend this place for couples, friends and families. I can tell that a lot of locals met there too, which is always a good sign!

4  Thank Caitlin C
Heidi E, Manager at Heidi's Honeymoon Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

We're happy that you were able to catch a Saturday Night dinner with us this summer and to hear that you enjoyed it so much. It really is a beautiful ambiance. Those eclair cakes were so decadent and homemade right on the island. Next time you're in town, we'd love to have you guys back over for lunch or dinner!
Thanks,
Heidi's Crew

Reviewed 29 June 2014

Heidi's Honeymoon Grill is an awesome place to eat. There's not a whole lot of options on Water Island, but it's definitely the best. Don't go anywhere else until you try this place. We went to Water Island for the day and had the fish tacos and the burger. By far the best we've had, and we've been on St Thomas already for 4 days. It makes me want to recommend that Heidi and the crew get another spot on St Thomas. We haven't found a spot on St Thomas that has this good of food for the great prices offered. Please start one on the main island!!!! We're here for 6 more days and it's pretty much worth the trip out to Water Island! Great crew! Great prices!! We'll be back!

2  Thank kyle k
heidi e, Manager at Heidi's Honeymoon Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Thank you for your awesome review! Come back anytime to enjoy food just the way you like it. Thanks for the suggestion of starting up on St Thomas but we do love Water Island. It makes it extra special to come over for the fish tacos. Come back before your trip ends to enjoy just one more time.
Thanks,
Heidi's crew

Reviewed 18 June 2014

Gorgeous atmosphere, great food, friendly service, unforgettable movie night. Heidi's is amazing! The fish tacos were so good I ate them for lunch every day except one, because I had to try the famous burgers as well. Everything lived up to the reputation. The fish tacos are great and the burgers are so big you can definitely share. We also did the candlelight dinner, which was crab and steak, and it was perfect. My honey and I eating great food by candlelight watching the sun set over the beach...I couldn't ask for more! Monday movie night was such a unique and fun experience. We watched the movie- projected on a screen hung between the palm trees- from the comfort of our golf cart while munching on Heidi's popcorn. Heidi's knows how to do it up right! You won't be disappointed.

3  Thank BeachGirlinChiTown
Reviewed 12 June 2014

My husband and I both had the fish tacos, which were very good, pan seared with a good sauce and coleslaw topping. Had a couple of great vodka drinks as well. Definitely the place to eat on Water Island!

2  Thank stephyaz1976
Reviewed 11 June 2014

I was very skeptical at first due to the fact that this was the one of the only places to grab something to eat but boy was my thought process wrong! The food was amazing and so fresh. The staff was amazing and friendly! Presentation was nice too!! Also make sure you grab yourself a pain killer! Lastly the menu had something for everyone! So the whole family was covered! Oh and let's not forget about the view too! Nothing beats an amazing lunch and drink while relaxing on such a beautiful beach!

3  Thank SenoritaTina