“One of the best meal of all my life!”

Restaurant Lapland Hotel Sky Ounasvaara
Ranked #6 of 88 Restaurants in Rovaniemi
Price range: US$28 - US$112
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Restaurant Lapland Hotel Sky Ounasvaara is fine dining dinner restaurant, which has been one of the best restaurants in Finland for many years. Restaurant has fine Lappish cuisine with lots of local and Arctic ingredients. Admire the stunning natural scenery stretching out to the horizon through our panoramic windows while savouring the culinary pleasures created by our kithen dream team. Restaurant is located on the top of the Fell Ounasvaara. After dinner we suggest to make a visit to our roof terrace with stunning views to surrounding nature full of fells and rivers. Location is best in the town for observing the Northern Lights from mid-August until the end of March. You can enjoy the Midnight sun in Summer in June and July. Table reservations are needed to make in advance. A warm welcome for a visit!
Reviewed 15 August 2013

It was one of the best meal of all my life! All what I tasted there was amazing. In particular I eat as starter some trout from lake Inari, then reindeer (grilled fillet and braised entrecote) and as dessert bluebarry cake. It is not traditional lappish cuisine but quite modern lappish cuisine. All the dish were very looked after and very tasty, the view is amazing because restaurant is on a lonely hill. The price are high but it is worthful for what you can eat. I would really like to eat there also because the menu is always changing!

2  Thank jpmoinet

Reviewed 25 July 2013

Went for the the 5 courses surprise menu with the "heavenly wines" as drinks for the courses. I must say that this was probably the best restaurant experience I have ever had. Great service, excellent food, nice atmosphere. Our choice of food and drinks were of course slightly more pricey than a "normal" restaurant visit but was definitely worth it. Highly recommend it!!!

Reviewed 1 July 2013

This is one of the most creative restaurants I've ever eaten! Pure and local raw materials, smooths service and great view over the river valley of Kemijoki from the top of the Ounasvaara Hill.

Recommended and strongly!

Reviewed 17 February 2013

Fabulous food in hill top surroundings.
The service here was excellent from start to finish.

A'la carte food beautifully presented, well prepared and very tasty. The speciality here is local Reindeer cooked 2 ways.... Delicious!

Although the food here is expensive, so is everything in Finland, but at this place you do get a feeling it was worth it.

We skied here all day and then they floodlight the ski area until 8pm. Good timing for a great dinner to finish off our day. Taxi back into Rovanemi about 20 euros, although the hotel here looks very nice.

1  Thank Lox001
Reviewed 8 December 2012 via mobile

i ate ther with a friend somethime in summer and it was one of the best sunsets in my life i saw! The resturant is told to be the best resturant in all of lappland and i agree. The first meals was kind of small but very tasty, then to the actuall food: i was very happy with my steak it wasnt to small but still not to big (in a good way) the best part of the entire evening was the bread. It was my entire lifes best brad experience and it was free!