I had hoped to stay at either the City hotel or the Santa Claus, but they were both fully booked during my stay, so I opted for one of the legendary and historical hotels in Finland, Pohjanhovi. I was not disappointed.
The hotel is located next to the Jatkankynttila bridge in the city centre. Some of the rooms have great river views. The location is quiet and central, everything is within walking distance. The airport shuttle bus stops at the door. Staff is friendly and helpful.
The rooms are comfortable, modern and sizable, with a few local Lappish touches in the decor. You get free wifi with a password valid for 24 hrs, you can get a new one in the reception when it runs out. It’s not the fastest connection, but okay.
Breakfast is a typical Finnish hotel breakfast with porridge/muesli, yoghurt, eggs, meat balls, sausages, salads, bread, bread rolls, pastries, coffee/tea, juice…not that versatile on fruit. Breakfast is served in a restaurant with great river views.
Enjoyed the stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Versatile hotel with restaurant serving Lapland cuisine, set in centre of town by the River Kemijoki; 8 km to the Arctic Circle. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), TravelUp, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your Rantasipi Pohjanhovi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rantasipi Pohjanhovi Rovaniemi, Lapland, Finland
- Rantasipi Pohjanhovi Hotel Rovaniemi