“Friendly Staff Members”

Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Rovaniemi
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
“Friendly Staff Members”
Reviewed 25 December 2013

Staff members at this hotel was very friendly and looking after me very well when I was staying. When I arrived and checked myself in, the lady in the reception gave me a very warm welcome. When I needed to ask a location of the pharmacy, the map was old, but she told me a new location. Also at the same time, she asked me about my staying. My room was having a bit of noise issue from the night club at the hotel. I honestly told her about this. Then she gave me a pair of earplugs.

Location was perfect to do some activities and shopping as well. If I go back to Rovaniemi, I definitely choose to stay this hotel again.

Room Tip: If you will stay one of the rooms which is facing to "Koskikatu", the street to the mall...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Tiina M, Manager at Original Sokos Hotel Vaakuna,Rovaniemi, responded to this review, 27 December 2013
Hello,

Thank You for taking the time to share Your experiences of Your stay at the Original Sokos Hotel Vaakuna! I´m pleased to read Your positive comments regarding our location and specially our staff. I´m very proud of our staff!
I´m sorry to hear that the noise coming from our night club disturbed You, but I hope that otherwise You had a pleasent stay with us. I´m glad to hear that You would choose us also in the future!

Happy New Year 2014!

Best wishes

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Gloucester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 December 2013

Great hotel in town,very clean lovely beds I did sleep well,bus stop over the road if ya want to santa village number 8 bus,lapland safaris across the road to book your trips,far cheaper than booking through thomson you can have two trips for the price of their one,shops,bars few mins walk from hotel,hotel bar nice price of drinks not too bad.over all great hotel,hope to come back here one day.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sharon18069
Tiina M, Manager at Original Sokos Hotel Vaakuna,Rovaniemi, responded to this review, 19 December 2013
Thank You for staying at Original Sokos Hotel Vakuna Rovaniemi!
I am pleased to hear that You have enjoyed Your stay with us.
You are warmly welcome to visit us soon again!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year 2014!

Singapore
Reviewed 15 December 2013

Stayed here one night with tour group. Hotel is just a street away from the shopping malls. Room itself is simple and quite outdated but still good enough for a night's stay. The only good thing is that the free wifi is excellent. The bar attached to the hotel is a great place to unwind and it's also the same place that we had our buffet breakfast (not much selection though). After more than 7 days having western food, we are so delighted to see Chinese restaurant. The name is 'Xiang Long' in between the malls. Serves excellent chinese food. Note that there is another one called 'Hai long' nearer to the hotel which we did not try.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank fluffyjo
Thank You for Your rewiew! And thak You for Your feedback about our excellent wifi. Our system is surely quick and very easy to use. You are not the only one giving positive feedback from this!
What comes to Your comments about our rooms, it is true that they are not at the moment latest desingn, but we do our best to keep the premisis in good shape. Although I hope You did enjoy Your stay with us. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Sunderland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 December 2013

Stayed here for 4 nights in December. The reception staff were very nice at check in and helpful throughout the stay.

The room was clean and generally of decent "City hotel" standard. The only gripe being the pillows were very poor, I think they had probably seen better days!

The bar within the hotel was very nice, reasonably priced considering and even showed English football when it was on, but also Ice hockey etc too.

There are a couple of Restaurants attached to the hotel and owned by the hotel, we only tried the Tex mex Amarillo and found it quite nice and worth a visit.

Breakfast in the hotel wasnt great, but offered a fair bit of choice, from cereal to bread, continental etc.

One of the best things about the hotel is the location, across the road from the river and one block from Lordi square!

If we were travelling to Rovaniemi again we would certainly consider staying at this hotel, or at least using its bar/ restaurant.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank wand3223
Hello,

Thank You for Your kind words about our staff and service! I´m pleased to hear that You enjoyed Your stay with us. I´m sorry to hear that the pillows were poor, we have allready changed them to new ones. Thank You also for Your feedback about our breakfast, we try to do our best to improve the dishes. You are warmly welcome to visit us again.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year 2014!

Houston, Texas
Reviewed 10 August 2013

Nice hotel very clean room, heated bathroom floor and towel racks. Good Finish breakfast buffet, wonderful fresh baked breads. Several eating places are close by. Close to a nice little lake. Friendly staff. Be sure and visit a reindeer farm lots of fun, also very tasty meat.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank usroadrats
Tiina M, Manager at Original Sokos Hotel Vaakuna,Rovaniemi, responded to this review, 22 August 2013
Thank You for Your stay at Original Sokos Hotel Vaakuna!

I appreciate Your comments about our service, cosy rooms, breakfast, restaurant facilities and location in the hearth of Rovaniemi.

We are glad to welcome You for another stay at the Original Sokos Hotel Vaakuna!

With best regards

Pori, Finland
Reviewed 2 August 2013

Sure one of the best Hotel in Finland where have I been If I measure it in Staffs service attitude . Great Staff and Great location middle of Rovaniemi .Sure one of the best Hotel in Finland where have I been If I measure it in Staffs service attitude . Great Staff and Great location :) All my wishes carried out 100 % .Hotel has very good bicycles too if want to ride in Rovaniemi (if they are not in use.) Reception Persons big thanks! -E-

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Thank You very much for Your kind words!

We couldn´t agree with You more. We are very proud of our staff and we will keep up the good work!

Hope to see You soon again!

With sunny greetings

London England
Reviewed 27 July 2013

This is a very welcoming hotel with lovely friendly staff. The rooms are spotlessly clean and the food was, in spite of being part of a group, very tasty. Huge choice for breakfast. Make sure you add a few rows to Santas scarf!! Really nice stay.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ValerieAnne99
Greetings from sunny Rovaniemi!

And thank You for adding Your rows to Santa`s scarf. All our clients during summer time have been very excited about our idea to knit a red scarf to Santa. Actually there was a one lady who almost missed her group bus, because she was knitting her rows so enthusiastic. At the moment the scarf has different and very beautiful patterns and it´s 4,5 m long. We will see how long it will be by Christmas.

It is nice to hear that You had a pleasent stay with us and hope to see You again in our hotel!

Best wishes