All reviews the river lapland safaris bus stop airport leaves including local parking garage is dining choices french cuisine christmas vacation juice dispenser located hotel great standard strong wifi nice hotel northern lights public sauna wide selection of food
Reviewed 13 January 2014

We've visited Rovaniemi in December and the atmosphere is great!Christmas All around!
The Hotel is central located and the bus station (to santa's village / park) is at front of the hotel. Staff is very helpfull! The rooms are large and cozy!
There's a nice bar in the hotel that serves an awesome hot chocolate!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Tiina M, Manager at Original Sokos Hotel Vaakuna,Rovaniemi, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2014

Greetings from the Arctic Circle!

Thank You for Your rewiew! I am pleased to hear that You enjoyed Your stay with us and felt the cozy athmophere that we have here. You are warmly welcome to visit Rovaniemi and us soon again.

With kindest regards,

Reviewed 25 December 2013

Staff members at this hotel was very friendly and looking after me very well when I was staying. When I arrived and checked myself in, the lady in the reception gave me a very warm welcome. When I needed to ask a location of the pharmacy, the map was old, but she told me a new location. Also at the same time, she asked me about my staying. My room was having a bit of noise issue from the night club at the hotel. I honestly told her about this. Then she gave me a pair of earplugs.

Location was perfect to do some activities and shopping as well. If I go back to Rovaniemi, I definitely choose to stay this hotel again.

Room Tip: If you will stay one of the rooms which is facing to "Koskikatu", the street to the mall, you may experience some noise from the night club.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Tiina M, Manager at Original Sokos Hotel Vaakuna,Rovaniemi, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2013

Hello,

Thank You for taking the time to share Your experiences of Your stay at the Original Sokos Hotel Vaakuna! I´m pleased to read Your positive comments regarding our location and specially our staff. I´m very proud of our staff!
I´m sorry to hear that the noise coming from our night club disturbed You, but I hope that otherwise You had a pleasent stay with us. I´m glad to hear that You would choose us also in the future!

Happy New Year 2014!

Best wishes

Reviewed 17 December 2013

Great hotel in town,very clean lovely beds I did sleep well,bus stop over the road if ya want to santa village number 8 bus,lapland safaris across the road to book your trips,far cheaper than booking through thomson you can have two trips for the price of their one,shops,bars few mins walk from hotel,hotel bar nice price of drinks not too bad.over all great hotel,hope to come back here one day.

1  Thank Sharon18069
Tiina M, Manager at Original Sokos Hotel Vaakuna,Rovaniemi, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2013

Thank You for staying at Original Sokos Hotel Vakuna Rovaniemi!
I am pleased to hear that You have enjoyed Your stay with us.
You are warmly welcome to visit us soon again!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year 2014!

Reviewed 15 December 2013

Stayed here one night with tour group. Hotel is just a street away from the shopping malls. Room itself is simple and quite outdated but still good enough for a night's stay. The only good thing is that the free wifi is excellent. The bar attached to the hotel is a great place to unwind and it's also the same place that we had our buffet breakfast (not much selection though). After more than 7 days having western food, we are so delighted to see Chinese restaurant. The name is 'Xiang Long' in between the malls. Serves excellent chinese food. Note that there is another one called 'Hai long' nearer to the hotel which we did not try.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank fluffyjo

Thank You for Your rewiew! And thak You for Your feedback about our excellent wifi. Our system is surely quick and very easy to use. You are not the only one giving positive feedback from this!
What comes to Your comments about our rooms, it is true that they are not at the moment latest desingn, but we do our best to keep the premisis in good shape. Although I hope You did enjoy Your stay with us. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Reviewed 12 December 2013

Stayed here for 4 nights in December. The reception staff were very nice at check in and helpful throughout the stay.

The room was clean and generally of decent "City hotel" standard. The only gripe being the pillows were very poor, I think they had probably seen better days!

The bar within the hotel was very nice, reasonably priced considering and even showed English football when it was on, but also Ice hockey etc too.

There are a couple of Restaurants attached to the hotel and owned by the hotel, we only tried the Tex mex Amarillo and found it quite nice and worth a visit.

Breakfast in the hotel wasnt great, but offered a fair bit of choice, from cereal to bread, continental etc.

One of the best things about the hotel is the location, across the road from the river and one block from Lordi square!

If we were travelling to Rovaniemi again we would certainly consider staying at this hotel, or at least using its bar/ restaurant.

1  Thank wand3223

Hello,

Thank You for Your kind words about our staff and service! I´m pleased to hear that You enjoyed Your stay with us. I´m sorry to hear that the pillows were poor, we have allready changed them to new ones. Thank You also for Your feedback about our breakfast, we try to do our best to improve the dishes. You are warmly welcome to visit us again.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year 2014!