All reviews the river lapland safaris bus stop nice hotel northern lights hotel is located comfortable beds big room one night stay airport shuttle mini bar walking distance restaurants and bars city centre location was perfect breakfast buffet reception staff
Reviewed 5 March 2014

When you entered to the hotel the lobby is very small and full of asian turists.
The room was ok, quiet and there is everything you need, but you see that it is worn out.
On the TV at your room was information that the breakfast is served daily from 6.30-10.00.
When the door to the (worn out) breakfast room was closed at 7.15 I was informed that " yes, but on sundays the breakfast start at 8.00.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Kalevi2013
Tiina M, Manager at Original Sokos Hotel Vaakuna,Rovaniemi, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

Thank You for Your feedback!

I´m so sorry that You got wrong information about our breakfast times. And I´m sorry for the inconvenience this caused You. We have checked our infos and we will be more exact with these details in the future.

What comes to Your commenst about our rooms, I have good news for You.

Hope to see You soon again!

Reviewed 4 March 2014

We were a group of 23 travellers on a trip to Lapland planned by The Villa Escape. Stayed here for 2 nights...Absolutely super location next to good restaurants and bars and shopping malls. its is across the road from the office of the Lapland Safaris which you will use for your snowmobile adventures etc.. It is absolutely comfortable and has a good breakfast spread. it is a perfect location and if I do visit Rovaniemi one more time i would stay here again...

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Tiina M, Manager at Original Sokos Hotel Vaakuna,Rovaniemi, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2014

Thank You for Your review and positive comments about our hotel!

We warmly welcome You to visit us again!

Reviewed 3 March 2014

I wondered why I couldn't find any really nice hotels prior to my visit to Rovaniemi. Truthfully, there's nothing really nice in Rovaniemi amid the wonderful winter setting and hoards of Asian tourist busses. I rented a car at the airport and had little trouble finding the downtown hotel. Most of the buildings in Rovaniemi look the same; basic Russian looking cinder block, square structures, no more than 5 stories high. The Sokos is no different. I was pleasantly surprised, however to find a different, wonderfully welcome atmosphere once inside. The young women at the front desk were more than cordial and helpful; they'd be an asset in my own office. The interior of the hotel leaves a lot to be desired, but it's clean beyond anything I could imagine.. Truthfully, one could eat off the floor. The odd looking beds were so comfortable I didn't want to get up. Television channels were limited with no CNN, which I really didn't expect nor need, but the Finnish stations couldn't hold my interest. The room itself, was typical Europe small and no frills. BUT, the redeeming factor was the pristine bathroom and most wonderful shower I've ever taken in my life. You'll note there are no water saving signs here; the water pressure will knock you off your feet and the temperature is precisely controlled. The towels and bathroom floor are wonderfully heated and the toilet flushes with a vengeance that would make anyone take cautionary measures. The adjacent hotel restaurant is ok, yet not a culinary experience. I'd say it's more like a Romper Room standoff with parents who are clearly more interested in the bar scene than monitoring their kids. I'd recommend Sokos if for nothing else, to stop by and enjoy a hot shower. My upcoming trip is taking me to Ivalo; sorry there's not a Sokos property there.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Drroady
Tiina M, Manager at Original Sokos Hotel Vaakuna,Rovaniemi, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2014

Thank You for taking the time to share Your experiences of Your stay at the Original Sokos Hotel Vaakuna Rovaniemi!

Concerning Your positive remarks about the atmosphere, staff, services and location we take it as a motivation to continue our commitment in providing only the best services for our clients.

What comes to Your comments about our basic rooms, we have good news for You. We have plans to renovate all our rooms in next two years. All the rooms will be totally renovated and first new rooms will be in use in the end of June 2014. After this renovation we will also have superior rooms.

You are warmly welcome to visit us again!

Reviewed 25 February 2014

Sokos hotes have a great standard for quality in Finland. Sokos Hotel at Rovaniemi is one good hotel for a business traveler. It is located downtown Rovaniemi and you can walk everywhere. Rooms, breakfast and service are at good level. Sokos Hotel offers you a comfortable stay.

I like the restaurants at Sokos hotel, especially Fransmanni, that have good food and service.
I guess all other restaurants at Rovaniemi are at walking distance if you prefer something else.

• Trip type: Travelled on business

Thank You for Your stay at Original Sokos Hotel Vaakuna!

I appreciate Your comments about our rooms, breakfast, service, restaurant facilities and location in the hearth of Rovaniemi.
I couldn´t agree with You more that we have good food and service in our Fransmanni. Hopefully You tasted something from their Lappish Menu. My own favourite is sauteed reindeer with mashed potatoes.

We are glad to welcome You for another stay with us!

Reviewed 21 February 2014 via mobile

The hotel is centrally located near the Lapland safari and artic museum. Well maintained. Front office staff are extending excellent service and speak English fluently.
Room maintenance needs improvement in changing bath towels and being a cold place Moistureriser or cold cream can be given as compliment. We enjoyed snow mobile and reindeer safari.

Trip type: Travelled with friends

Greetings from Rovaniemi!

I´m pleased to read Your positive comments regarding our location, services and staff.
I think that our staff is the best!
Thank You also for Your feedback about our room maintenance, we try to do our best to improve that. You are warmly welcome to visit us again.

Best regards