I stayed in the low season, early October, so no snow and no crowds. Very peaceful and a great base for exploring Rovaniemi and the surrounding arctic to hunt for aurorae but you'll need a car. The cottage was fantastic. Large, very comfortable and warm. The sauna was a bonus. Very helpful staff. The hills right behind are obviously great skiing when covered with snow but I just enjoyed walking around and enjoying the birdlife. The nearby town is small but it's a lovely place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Chalet Hotel Rovaniemi is located in the Kemijoki riverside an unly few steps from Ounasvaara Ski Center. This hotel is a complete holiday resort with restaurant services and activities. We want to provide our guests with the best of Lappish culture: generous hospitality, the tastiest delights of Lappish cuisine, and Arctic, magical adventures in the surrounding countryside. 68 Idyllic and cozy apartments for 2-6 persons. 5 Suites up to 13 persons. Each apartment has its own sauna, kitchen, vehicle heating point, private terrace. The rates always include various types of towels and full bed sets as well as hotel standard breakfasts, internet connection, satellite flat TV and cleaning. Pets are allowed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Ebookers and Cancelon so you can book your Lapland Hotel Ounasvaara Chalets reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ounasvaaran Pirtit Hotel Rovaniemi
- Lapland Hotel Ounasvaara Chalets Rovaniemi, Finland