“Good selection of different dishes”
Review of Olimpos

Olimpos
Ranked #54 of 159 Restaurants in Oulu
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
“Good selection of different dishes”
Reviewed 20 November 2012

Nothing fancy, but good average. The portions were big enough even for hungry people.
This is a big restaurant, so no intimacy, but good service.
If you are not looking for real authentic Greece, Turkish or Italian food, you should be OK here.
If you are, you may try another restaurants in Oulu.

• Visited November 2012

• Finnish first
Oulu, Finland
“Not worth of trying”
Reviewed 20 October 2012

Never really understood why people visit this restaurant. Food tastes like industrial and not self made. Especially wine leaf rolls and other mezes. Never again....

• Visited October 2012
Quebec City, Canada
“Good food but... not that much!!!”
Reviewed 17 September 2012

Meals that we took were good but not fantastic, were just OK. I like the fact that the cooks did not put any salt on French fries which is good because you can control the salt on these, which we did not have that choice in previous restaurant in Oulu.
There were some little flying flies near our place, not that much interesting.
Go on Sunday if you have no other place to go, because others restaurants are closed which is strongly possible.

• Visited September 2012
Salo, Finland
“Kitcen doesn't make much themselves”
Reviewed 7 August 2012

I'm allergic to tomatoes, bell peppers and raw onion. In addition I don't like feta cheese or garlic.
Not the best idea to go to a Greek restaurant, but my housband wanted to, so I went along.

I told my allergies to the waiter, and ordered some pork and chicken on a stick. I told her that I liked many vegetables, like zucchini and that mozzarella cheese was one of my favourites (I noticed they had these ingredients on their menu).

When my dish finally came (we waited for 35minutes) it had the meats and a half of a plate of diced cucumbers and about 1 dl of grated mozzarella (straight from a bag, you could tell by the colour of it).

The pork was so overcooked and dry, I didn't even eat it, the chicken was dry as well, but I did eat it, 'cause I was hungry. BUT REALLY!! Half a plate of diced cucumbers and a portion of cheese isn't the sign of a quality restaurant, on my opinion.

If you are a trained cook and if the kitchen would have at least some fresh ingredients, they could have made a nice dish, even if I have allergies.

Won't go there again, ever.

• Visited July 2012
Oulu, Finland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“V. nice :)”
Reviewed 31 May 2012

Classy without being ostentatious, excellent food at a reasonable price. Worth a visit if you are in Oulu.

• Visited May 2012