Aegialis Hotel & Spa
Aeolos Hotel(Koufonissi)
Koufonisia Hotel(Koufonissi)
Hotelpower.com
  • Pool
All reviewsyoga retreatsea waterpool areathe ownerbeautiful islandcooking classbreathtaking viewsrestaurant staffrooms are comfortablehair salonexclusive roompizza restauranthotel offersamazing hotelslice of paradisehotel is situatedfully equipped gym
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 May 2011

We held our wedding at Aegialis Hotel early May 2011. They were helpful even before we had arrived on the island. We had a number of problems with booking the boats to get to the island, and after contacting Irene, she booked all the tickets for us and arranged for them to be ready for us to collect at the Port in Athens when we arrived. When we got to the port they were exactly where she had promised they'd be.
As a bride, and with a million and one other things to be organising and stressing over, this helpful gesture was very appreciated and really helped to take the stress off me.
I stayed at the hotel the night before my wedding with one of my bridesmaids and we were made to feel very special and very welcome. We stayed in an Executive Room, and it was a beautiful room! Gorgeous private terrace overlooking incredible views, with a garden next door, large walk in wardrobe (Perfect for all the dresses, veil, all my bridesmaids shoes etc) and a large room with a lovely bathroom.
The morning of the wedding the hotel sent down some lunch for me, bottle of wine and my wedding bouquet, and were on hand to help whenever one of my bridesmaids ran up asking for another favour.
The wedding itself was on Aegialis Beach, and it had been decorated beautifully. We had live music, punch and Greek sweets.
The meal and evening reception was held at the hotel itself on a balcony overlooking the breathtaking views of Amorgos. Food was excellent, with guests saying it was the best meal they'd had during their whole stay on the island. They decorated everything with our colour scheme, had given us a DJ set and the party was in full swing. My friends have said its one of the best weddings they've been to.
My husband and I stayed at the hotel for some time during our honeymoon, and we were always treated like royalty. We had a couples massage in the Spa, surrounded by candles, soft music and complimentary champagne.
Thank you for such a beautiful wedding that will give us happy memories that we'll cherish forever. We would certainly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Kate186364
Reviewed 12 May 2011

The hotel is beautifully designed and stands on a hillside overlooking the lovely bay of Aegialis, a breathtaking location. We have stayed here many times and decided to invite family for a celebration of our Silver Wedding Anniversary. They were all equally delighted with the hotel.

The rooms are clean and comfortable and tastefully furnished. The service is good, especially from the owner Irene Yiannakopoulis for whom nothing is ever too much trouble. Even if you arrive at 2.30 in the morning you will be offered a welcoming drink and snack while your check-in procedure is dealt with. A lovely traditional Greek breakfast is served every morning with delicious honey cakes and tasty omelettes .

We had our celebration dinner in the hotel restaurant and it was delightful with nice little personal touches to the table decorations and good food. Greek music was provided for us to dance to by Irene's son Stamatis who is a stunning violinist.

The hotel also has a beautiful outdoor swimming pool overlooking the bay and there is now a well equipped spa (which we have not used) with treatment rooms and indoor pool.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Gingerpud
Reviewed 7 May 2011

I stayed at the Aegialis Resort and Spa. A fantastic hotel with amazing views. Excellent breakfast every day, clean large modern rooms with a balcony overlooking the sea. The Spa is the best and I had a wonderful massage. The staff were all so helpful and assisted me with all my questions regarding the island and sightseeing. Evening meals at their restaurant were excellent. I would highly recommend this hotel to all.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled solo
2  Thank Suzie C
Reviewed 4 May 2011

We have just been in Aegialis hotel and have good impressions.

If you really want to have good and effective rest in such beautiful and preserved nature of island Amorgos then I suggest you head on to Aeglias hotel.

This hotel and spa offers all one needs, pleasant rooms, great view from the balcony , spa relaxation programme (indoor swimming pool and certainly open swimming pool,gym, sauna, various massages etc)

the staff of Aegialis hotel and spa is great, very kind , considerate and simply always helpful and nice .

Beaches are nearby but swimming pools of Aegialis are equally lovely with sea water.

this hotel has a bar and good ORGANIC food to offer and believe everyone would be satisfied.

all around is nicely arranges with various kinds of mediterrannean flowers, plants and is truly enjoyable to stay around

I do reccommend this place

Mladen - London

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank MladenLondon
Reviewed 27 April 2011

First time in Amorgos, which by the way is a fantastic island. The hotel is probably the best on the island in terms of location, service and view (truly magnificent). The personnel is extremely friendly and attentive to customers needs. Hotel's management tries to make you feel like home, offering all the amenities of a big hotel but being very cosy at the same time.
Last but not least, we had booked the room on Half Board and the food was truly excellent. Next time I will travel to Amorgos, this is definitely the hotel I will be staying again.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family