Aegialis Hotel & Spa
  • Pool
Hotel Minoa(Katapola)
Aeolos Hotel(Koufonissi)
View Hotel
All reviewsyoga retreatsea waterpool areathe ownerbeautiful islandcooking classbreathtaking viewsrestaurant staffrooms are comfortablehair salonexclusive roompizza restauranthotel offersamazing hotelslice of paradisehotel is situatedfully equipped gym
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 August 2013

We spent 6 days at the hotel. The view is the only really positive thing. It is breath taking , the structure dominates from the hill of the beautyful aegiali bay. The negative counter part is that the hotel does not provide his clients with a shuttle service to aegiali which means that if you want to go to the beach below you have to climb the hill up and down numeorus times a day. We counted 8 km daily walking. Sure if you want to lose weight, you will be very successful. THe hotel shows signs of decadence and would need a general renovation.

• Stayed: August 2013
6  Thank Fedegine
StamatisAegialis, Guest Relations Manager at Aegialis Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2013

Dear Guest,

I'd like to thank you for sharing your experience as every guest impression is valuable.
I am though very sorry to read you were disappointed by your stay.
Indeed we do not propose a shuttle service as public buses are passing several times per day in front of the hotel so you don't have to walk up all the time.
Also I would like to precise the walk down to the beach is a 5-10 minutes walk and that even if the way up is more tiring, to reach the 8km daily walking you should have go up and down at least four times per day.... (the hotel is 1km away from the port).
Regarding the "signs of decadence", I would very much like the opportunity to have more details, therefore can I kindly ask you, to contact Mr Giannakopoulos – Hotel Manager, who would be delighted to hear from you at your convenience.
With our kindest regards,

Reviewed 5 August 2013

For months I planned to have my birthday on Amorgos Island with an open invitation to my friends. To my surprise and delight 25 came and partied. Aegialis Hotel and Spa were incredible - they patiently dealt with the changes in numbers as more and more accepted and booked in for 3-7 nights. They surprised us with room upgrades and welcomed us all like long lost relatives (I am an Australian born Greek).

We all had time to relax and unwind and enjoy the rugged beauty of the island and explore the villages and beaches. Many indulged in the offerings at the Spa, including a hairdresser and my friend Mila T in a prior review mentioned yoga. The hydrotherapy pool and jacuzzi were lovely.

However, what I will never forget is the stunning setting for my birthday party. Set by the pool overlooking the bay, we had delicious food and wine as the sunset and the moon rose. My greatest surprise were the fireworks set off later in the evening - compliments of the hotel. And the solo violin performance by Stamatis left us all quite awe-struck. We danced all night and the next day I enjoyed a "recovery" massage in the Spa by Eleni (compliments of my daughter and her friend).

There is so much to say about this fabulous hotel - as Mila T below mentioned about their care for our friend who was injured and the staff who looked out for her while she recuperated over several days, through to their professionalism in planning and their enthusiasm in making sure my celebration was special.

A call-out aslo to the lovely staff who waited on us daily as we lazed by the swimming pool. A cold glass of water with a smile as soon as we reclined on the sun lounges and who became friends over the course of the week, as did the breakfast staff.

I chose Amorgos because I had been told that it was not overly touristy. Even though the hotel caters to tourists, the Island has authenticity, tradition, dignity and self sufficiency that I hope it doesn't lose as more people discover this unique place.

The musicians playing rembetiko in the alleyway off a cafe in Langhada was another highlight.

Irene, you have a very special place and I hope it won't be too long before we return. Next time I will come in the spring or autumn to trek and explore.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank EerwahVale
StamatisAegialis, Directeur général at Aegialis Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2013

Kalimera dear friend,
Once again HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!
As I wrote to Mila T below, it was a real pleasure to welcome all of you and I'm more than glad to read you enjoyed your stay so much!
I'm more than pleased to hear our services met your expectations and I can assure you that nice comments like yours are very appreciated by our staff members. We had to offer you something special for this special day of yours and I'm happy to see you'll remember your party in Amorgos for some time. It was indeed a beautiful evening...

Amorgos is as you understood a very particular place, still well preserved and I 'm happy to see you appreciated its natural beauty and magical atmosphere (and the incredible rembetiko nights...)
You would love spring and autumn, it is the perfect time for treking: flowers, amazing colours and sunsets, quietness...

Once again thank you for your nice words and we look forward welcoming you back soon,
With all our kindest regards,

Reviewed 2 August 2013

We arrived one day early due to one of the members of our travel party having had a severe knock on the head in a boating accident. The team at the Aegialis Hotel could not have helped more. They were solicitous and very caring. The owner/manager Irene, is a genuine and extremely helpful person which cascades throughout the staff. The position of the hotel is fabulous and I arranged to have private yoga lessons every morning in the most beautiful yoga studio that I've even been too. The spa also has fabulous treatments, with skilled staff and a wonderful hydro therapy pool. I cannot thank the staff enough for their service from the kitchen, to the pool bar, to the restaurants and the spa. Thanks for a wonderful time.

Room Tip: If you want privacy there are rooms near the spa that are away from the hotel, there are also studios down the hill which are separate from the hotel, older but more spacious.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Mila T
StamatisAegialis, Propriétaire at Aegialis Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2013

Kalimera,
Thank you so much for your nice words.
It was a real to welcome you and I'm glad to read you enjoyed so much your stay with us as we genuinely love to look after our guests.
Thank you for pointing out the quality of our services as well as the yoga classes.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Kindest regards from Amorgos,

Reviewed 30 July 2013

This hotel in Amorgos is probably one of the nicest you can find. When we arrived (middle of July 2013), a little bit tired from our boat trip, the staff was very welcoming and offered us a local liqueur and the manager invited us to just relax and have a look at the view. This really set the mood and we were conquered. True, some hotels do this, but we always find this nice and welcoming. Then, we were showed the spa facilities and were lead to our room.

The room we had was rather small but cosy. It had a nice balcony with the spectacular view. The bathroom was spotless with a dual-head shower (rain and portable) and even complemented with TV... The decoration was obviously recently made with nice dimmable led colored lighting.

The included breakfast was without a doubt the best we had in Greece. It was a buffet containing hot (eggs, bacon, sausages, omelets) and cold (fruits, cheeses, cereals, milk, etc...) and a Greek cake buffet. To top this off, you can make your own fresh-squeezed orange juice. All this being a good recipe to linger in the morning while soaking-in the spectacular view.

We had one dinner there and it was very nice. The staff was so nice that it really enhanced our dinning experience. The restaurant makes a great effort in using the hotel's own garden for all of its vegetables. And it shows as the grilled vegetables were excellent.

We also ate at the pizza restaurant by the pool. The pizza was good and this made a nice change from Greek food.

I didn't use the gym but it seemed of a good quality. In any cases, gyms are rare in this part of Greece.

We spent the end of the days around the spectacular salt-water pool. The whole pool setup is really great with, again, excellent service (and beer). I really like a pool where you can do some significant swimming. This pool was so big that it was the case.

Besides, the hotel is not so far from the village. We could get there in a 10 minutes walk. That's also nice as there are also nice places to visit there (beach bars and restaurants.) We took the bus from there to Chora to visit the monastery. We then came back by foot along the foot path that goes all the length of the island (4 hours). The hotel pool at the end of this walk was really welcomed. ;-)

So, even if this place is not the cheapest you can find, I think that it's really worth the money you put in.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Goldorak-007
StamatisAegialis, Manager at Aegialis Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2013

I have to admit it, it is very satisfying to read such a comment!!
And not only for your wonderful words regarding Aegialis Hotel & Spa but because I can see you really discovered and enjoyed the island as well.
This walk from Chora to Aegiali is one of the most beautiful of the island and unfortunately scaring too many people because of its length.. It is one of the oldest paths, where you can admire incredible views, historical churches and ancient settlements.
I'm really glad to read you enjoyed Ambrosia Restaurant and our Greek Breakfasts! We indeed proud ourselves in offering mostly local organic products (from our own production or other farmers).
I thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor and pointing out our high standards of service.
Our utmost reward is to hear extremely satisfied guests and it here seems to be the case.
I hope to have the pleasure in welcoming you back in the near future.
With all our best regards,

Reviewed 29 July 2013

The staff, well lead by Irene the manager, were all quite excellent. All were courteous, responsive and efficient. We were greeted with a drink (at 4.00 am). Our rooms had everything we could have wished for and the views were stunning. Occasional minor issues (shutter fastenings etc.) were understood and dealt with promptly and effectively. Brilliant sense of service and hospitality.
For heavens sake don't tell anybody - it's too good to share.

Room Tip: Families - get the honeymoon suite! Low cost rooms have been described as a bit small but all that we saw were fine.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank fremountain

Kalimera,
Such nice words... The whole team should be very glad when I'll share with them your comment!
I am extremely pleased to hear that your stay at Aegialis Hotel & Spa was a success!
Thank you for pointing this out in your feedback as well as the quality of services provided.
We look forward welcoming you back to our beautiful island,

Kind regards,