“Lovely hotel with a warm welcome”

Aegialis Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Aegiali
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 5 October 2013

I arrived on Amorgos at Katapola after catching the SeaJet from Santorini. I was picked up in Katapola by the hotel mini bus which was nice as you got to meet you fellow guests. The drive back to the hotel takes you from one end of the island to the other, with some fantastic views as you drive along the road that hugs the mountains and climb up to the top of the island and back down again. Personally I would not like to try that drive myself in the dark as there are lots of tight bends with sheer drops off the side of the road in many places.

Upon arrival at the hotel I was warmly greeted by the staff and get to know the lovely Irene, one of the owners of the hotel. The room was spacious and well equipped and the view from my balconies was to die for. Hotel guests have access to an indoor (Located in the spa) and outdoor seawater pool. The outdoor pool is where lunch can be taken with the food freshly cooked a few feet away. Be warned that the food portion sizes are very large compared to what I was use to in England. The hotel can organise excursions and I went on a donkey ride in a local village up to a mountainside church. Internet connections can often drop out but that's not the fault of the hotel, it's like that across the island.

I often ate in Aegiali which has numerous restaurants and explored the islands beaches and monastery using a hire car. I am told the island has 2 petrol stations, so it's handy that one of them is located just down from the hotel down a side road next to the Camping Site.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
StamatisAegialis, Υπεύθυνος Σχέσεων με Πελάτες at Aegialis Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2013

Dear Gary,

Thank you so much for your beautiful comment.
I'm really glad to read you enjoyed your stay and that you appreciated your room, Nick's Pizza, the two sea water pools and the location of our property.
I thank you also for mentioning our friendly and helpful staff, it is always a pleasure to share positive feedbacks from our guests with our staff members.
We look forward to welcome you back to Amorgos.

With our best regards,

Reviewed 24 September 2013

Excellent facilities, family run, friendly staff, beautiful views on a beautiful island.
Superb breakfast and dinner. the pool provided towels, excellent service and food if required.
The sun beds were comfy. The salt water pool did not bother us and the pool was on the large side.
We will return in the future.

Room Tip: All views equally excellent
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
StamatisAegialis, Guest Relations Manager at Aegialis Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2013

Thank you for this splendid feedback regarding our "excellent" standards of service.
We do our utmost to please our guests and I am glad to hear that we have achieved our aim.
I also would like to thank you for pointing out the quality of breakfast and dinner served at Ambrosia Restaurant. We indeed proud ourselves in offering mostly local organic products (from our own production or other farmers).

We look forward to welcoming you back soon to Amorgos.

Best regards,

Reviewed 7 September 2013

This is not just a hotel, it is a family. For the raters among us, the hotel has a beautiful view over the bay and Aegiali village. The swimming pool, especially for those that do not like chlorin, is a dream; it has sea water, has the same incredible view over the bay and an incredibly attentive pool bar man.
The standard rooms are a little bit small, but they are very classy for the Greek islands, and if you have ever been island hopping in the Aegean, the beds are marvelous. ( fair to say, most beds in Greece are close to crap even in 4 star hotels).
Breakfast is ok, as well as lunch and dinner. Do not expect a gourmet kitchen, expect a good local Greek kitchen, with their specialities. Isn't that why we go to other countries? to experience how they live, what they eat and when it comes to Greece, when? (we experienced having dinner after dinner at 23:30 with our hotel hosts).
Which brings me to why this hotel earns an excellent rating from me: the incredible hospitality of the family and the personnel that runs the hotel.
I have never, in any hotel, experienced so much genuine interest in the customers as in Aegilis Hotel in Amorgos. Maybe we were lucky, but I do not think so.
The inclusiveness of the management kind of projects on the customers as well; for us this hotel is unique in getting to know other people :everybody kind of gets in the mood to talk to eachother, which is not our experience in any high class hotel, where everybody just walks past eachother....
I hope that my review does not make half the world want to come to Aegils Hotel in Amorgos, because I am planning to go back next year, and I hope there are rooms available....

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
StamatisAegialis, Guest Relations Manager at Aegialis Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2013

What a great feedback! Thank you for that!

Indeed we genuinely love to look after our guests and usually what comes from the heart goes to the heart.
I am glad to hear that we have achieved our aim.

We want all of our guests to take with them wonderful moments spent at Aegialis Hotel & Spa and I believe it can only happen by offering something different, unique and authentic to each one of them.

I would also like to thank you for pointing out the quality of the beds and of the traditional meals served in our restaurant "Ambrosia".

We truly look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kindest regards from Amorgos,

Reviewed 4 September 2013

We have been to Amorgos before but this was our first time at Aegialis Hotel. Our stay their was everything we expected and much much more. a very relax environment with great staff. The pool and the view from the pool just breathtaking. Amorgos is such an unique island and staying at Aegialis made it even better

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
StamatisAegialis, Υπεύθυνος Σχέσεων με Πελάτες at Aegialis Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to share your recent experience of Aegialis Hotel & Spa on TripAdvisor.
I am pleased to read that your stay fulfilled your expectations and feel very flattered to see we made your stay in Amorgos even more special!
On behalf of my colleagues, I thank you for your very kind words.
We hope to have the pleasure to welcoming you back very soon.

Kindest regards from Amorgos,

Reviewed 4 September 2013

We stayed here for our 10-years wedding anniversary. The view is fantastic, and everyone at the hotel makes you feel at home and very special. This place managed to balance all the pros of the resort and spa hotel without being overly posh or pretentious. It is a genuine lovely place where you can relax and enjoy life on holidays. Great food in Ambrosia restaurant, the half pension is a very good value for money. Just beware - the portion size is not a diet-friendly :-) but very healthy and tasty food. Excellent breakfast. The restaurant can accommodate food allergies and special requests. Spa facilities are very good, hammah, salt water water swimming pool, etc are free for guests. Excellent daily yoga classes. Lots of good walks in the mountains, well- marked and suitable for all levels of skills.

Room Tip: For three day stay you get a complimentary hour in outdoor jacuzzi with wine and fruits - take the o...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for your kind words about your recent stay at Aegialis Hotel & SPA.
What a true pleasure to read you had a memorable moment with us! We also really enjoyed welcoming all of you to share this special moment.
I would specially like to thank you for mentioning your satisfaction regarding the breakfast, Ambrosia Restaurant, the SPA with all its facilities, the Yoga classes we organize every day and of course the whole team.
I can also see you really enjoyed the island and discover its wonderful ancient paths - ideal for hiking !!

I look forward welcoming you back very soon.
Kindest regards,

Reviewed 30 August 2013

The hotel is very big regarding the style of the island, so it's a perfect choice for someone who needs to relax and enjoy the beauty of the Aegean islands. The room was cozy and stylish as well as the bathroom. It was clean, yet the chambermaid could be more careful about it considering the style and the price of this hotel. The pool was very large and the staff was very friendly and helpful. Natalie made our stay there very pleasant! The breakfast was fantastic as well as the Ambrosia restaurant. It is certainly a perfect place to stay when visiting Amorgos.

1  Thank GeorgeV84
StamatisAegialis, Γενικός Διευθυντής at Aegialis Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Aegialis Hotel & Spa.
I am pleased to read you enjoyed our facilities as well as your accommodation and would particularly like to thank you for pointing out the quality of Ambrosia Restaurant.
We invest a lot of our energy in offering the best to our guests and I'm glad Natali participated in making your stay more special.
I deeply regret to hear the cleanliness was not completely upon your expectations and can assure you it will be taken into consideration by the concerned Managers.
I look forward to your next stay with us.
With my best regards,

Reviewed 30 August 2013

We visited Aegialis last July. It was magnificent. The view is great! The stuff really helpful. The breakfast superb. It is only 5 minutes from the village . The rooms very comfortable.
We will visit Aegialis in our next trip to Greece.
Highly recommended! !

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank little p

I am thankful for your kind, flatterring review regarding your stay at Aegialis Hotel & Spa.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Kindest regards,

Also consider these accommodations in or near Aegiali
Vigla Hotel
#5 of 12 in Amorgos
Yperia Hotel
Yperia Hotel
#4 of 41 in Amorgos

Been to Aegialis Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!