All reviews yoga retreat sea water the owner beautiful island indoor pool ambrosia restaurant breathtaking views cooking class hair salon main restaurant goat rooms are comfortable amazing place the hotel offers exclusive room overlooking the bay hotel is situated
Reviewed 17 June 2010

I was invited to the wedding of my cousin Takis, on this remote island of Amorgos! I thought it was a nice opportunity to visit this island, and have a nice weekend at the same time!
We were all booked at Aegialis Hotel & Spa in Aegiali. We arrived at 1.30 in the morning, a really tiring trip! But when we arrived, we all thought it was worth it. The hotel, was fantastic. We had very warm welcome, with sweets and sweet raki. We felt at home at once.
Later in the morning, we had a superb breakfast . I enjoyed loukoumades and a special omelete among others.
We were offered a group facial treatment with natural local herbs, after we had tried some of the spa facilities. I loved the sauna. My friend Jessie enjoyed the Thalassotherapy swimming pool and the jacuzzi.
All our tiredness and stress went away.
The wedding took place in a remote chapel, with views of the sea and the mountains. There was donkey ride, and it was very funny, because the bride was a little afraid of the
heights. There was musicians playing local bridal tunes.
Generally, I am not into marriage so much, but now I have second thoughts, after this experience. It was fun, and very romantic. We were offered local sweets, called "xerotigana" (made with fried dough, honey and sesame), really delicious!
The reception dinner took place by the big swimming pool of Aegialis Hotel, overlooking the Bay of Aegiali. It was nicely decorated, but just the spot alone, was the perfect setting.
We ate soooo... much!!!
If you visit Amorgos, I suggest that you visit the Restaurant "Amvrosia" of Aegialis hotel, even if you stay in another place. The Chef is incredible! He uses many organic vegetables, cultivated at the hotel's garden.
We also visited the village Tholaria, and had nice vegetarian pies at Panorama Taverna!
We loved Amorgos and Aegialis Hotel!!

Date of stay: May 2010
Reviewed 16 June 2010

We visited Amorgos for Easter in April 2010. We booked at this hotel, because friends who stayed before suggested it. Easter on Amorgos island is very traditional, and the flowers were all over. The herbs were smelling like heaven.
Our room had the most fantastic view. The personel, was kind and very helpful.
There was a mini bus to take us to the villages to see the customs of Easter, especially to Tholaria, the closest village in Aegiali.
At the hotel's Amvrosia Restaurant, we tasted the best traditional goat, the Easter recepie as they told us. All the dishes that we tried, were delicious, made by the chef Mr. Michalis.
There were not many buses at this time to go around, so we had to walk a lot to the port.
We danced to the music of Stamati and Nicholas. Violin and Laouto!

I recomend a visit to this beautiful island at Easter time. It is worth the trip!!!
Aegialis Hotel has also a nice spa, and a very good trainer at the gym!

I hope I can go again in the summer with my girlfriend!

Date of stay: April 2010
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 October 2009

We attended a wedding at this hotel. Our room was wonderful with a gorgeous view from our private balcony. The hotel overlooks a bay and the sunsets are truly gorgeous. Hotel staff were polite and very accommodating.
You do need to rent a vehicle to explore all the villages across the island.
Would love to go back one day.

Date of stay: September 2009
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 October 2009

I visited the island of Amorgos in Greece and stayed for a week at the Aegialis Hotel and Spa. I found the staff and hotel accommodations fantastic and I would highly recommend all to visit this amazing location. Incredible views all over the hotel, the Spa is huge and has full facilities, massage, hairdresser, heated indoor pool, etc etc. I had a wonderful and inexpensive massage and facial. The pool at the hotel is large and very beautiful, breakfast was excellent with full range of foods from cereals to eggs full American Style breakfast. I rented a car (again not expensive from the hotel) which was so convenient. They offer free transfers from the port of Aegiali which was great.

Date of stay: October 2009
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 28 September 2009

The friendly staff stayed up until 3 am to pick us up at the harbour. Expect to have the pool to yourselves - enjoy its breathtaking view over Aegiali Bay. Hearthy breakfast with unparalleled view. Rooms with similar views, simple beds. Short walk to the sandy beach. Make a reservation for a hire car to explore the whole island it's worth it. We intend to come back as soon as possible.

Date of stay: August 2009