Scandic Espoo
Radisson Blu Hotel, Espoo(Espoo)(Great Value!)
US$122
US$119
US$98
Hotel Hanaholmen(Espoo)(Great Value!)
US$152
US$148
Hotel Korpilampi(Espoo)(Great Value!)
GLO Hotel Sello(Espoo)(Great Value!)
US$131
getaroom.com
  • Breakfast included
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
All reviewsscandic friendsroom was clean and comfortabletop floorbusiness travelnight staynice hotelsaunahelsinkiminibarpossibilityfurniture
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 31 January 2014

Our family stay 1 night . We have 2rooms with connection door, thats good ! Area is faraway from city and Espoo is littlebit poor town for activity. Sauna is good, not new but okay. Swimming pool is nice in summer, now is littlebit cold water, because there is not heating, but who made to going there... :)
Breakfast is very good, as allways in scandic. Car parking 5m main doors. We sleep well.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank J11P33
Manager E, Manager at Scandic Espoo, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2014

Dear J11P33,

Thank you for your review.
I am glad to hear your family enjoid your stay with us.
The connecting rooms are great for larger family. The connecting door makes the room larger and gives a possibility for better sleep for everyone, when they have their own bed to sleep in.

The free parking right next to hotel is also one of our most important service for our customers. We know our guests travel to s by car, and therefore we want to provide this service to them with no fee.

The temperature in the swimming pool is +24 celsius. We keep it as same for all year. Ofcourse when the temperature is lower outside, the temperature in the pool area might be little lower, because of the large windows in the room. During summer it is one of our guests favorite places, because of the view and sun.

I am glad to hear you also enjoid our breakfast. As it is said, breakfast is the most important meal of the day, and in Scandic we want to provide a wide amount of different healthy products in our breakfast.

I thank You for your review and wish you and your family a warm Winter.
Hope we meet again @ Scandic Espoo.

Otto, Front Office Manager

Reviewed 21 January 2014

I like this hotel. It's very useful to spend one night in Helsinki. Especially before the trip via Helsinki Vantaa Airport. The staff is very pleasant, the breakfast is good, the rooms are clean and quiet. And unlimited WiFi internet is very fast.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Manager E, Manager at Scandic Espoo, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2014

Dear josemitry,

Thank you for your review.
It is so great to hear you liked our hotel and enjoyed your stay.
I will forward your feedback to our staff.
I know they will be happy to learn, that you liked our way to work and serve.
In the end, the good service is why we are here.

Thank you and welcome back to Scandic Espoo

Best regards

Reviewed 25 November 2013

Unfortunately the worst Scandic experience so far. When booking a superior room you could expect at least for normal size double bed instead of 140 cm one. As well you could expect the block heater for your car to be included in the price when paying more than 150 euros per night. Neither was the restaurant nor the staff at their best.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Essi M
Manager E, Front Office Manager at Scandic Espoo, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2013

Dear Essi M,

I am sorry to hear you did not enjoy your stay.
Like in most of the hotels in Finland, in Scandic Espoo the rates determine by availability.
If the hotel is full the rates are higher and if not the rates are lower.
In Scandic Espoo the Superior extra rooms are better equipped.
Our Superior extra room size is the same as the standrard room. The difference is, that in Superior extra rooms you find larger range of TV channels, larger 40" tv, bathrobes, slippers, 5 different FACE Stpockholm products, 5€ welcome voucher, etc.
The difference in rate is max 20€.
I am sorry to hear you did not enjoy the superior extra room.

The parking in Scandic Espoo is free of charge. In the Helsinki area, there is only few hotels that provide free parking. We believe the free parking is a good service to our customers, who very often come to us by car.
The electricity at the parking area is 5€/stay. When the parking is free of charge we believe that the small fee for using black heater in our parking area is reasonable.

I thank you for your valuable feedback.
We will go thru your feedback in our management team and will make all the necessary improvements, based on your feedback.
I wish you a warm and beautifull Christmas time and hope we meet you again at Scandic Espoo.
FOM

Reviewed 10 September 2013

The only good thing about the hotel is that it's part of Scandic and you have some benefits with the frequent guest program. But the reception service in the hotel is poor, the gym facility is poor and the breakfast is terrible. There are not many alternatives in the area of Espoo, though next time I'm staying in Espoo I will probably find a different place to stay.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Manager E, Manager at Scandic Espoo, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2013

Dear Rudy V,

I am very sorry to hear you had a bad experience as a guest of Scandic Espoo.
All the feedbacks help us to improve our service and our product. It would be highly appreciated if you ould provide us some details, what was wrong and how so we can be sure we do not make same kind of mistakes in the future.
These details can be sent via e-mail to espoo@scandichotels.com.
I would like to apologize the bad service you suffered during your stay.
I wish you a warm Autumn and hope we can stilla have You back to Scandic Espoo.
Otto Puranen

Reviewed 24 July 2013

We were using our soon expiring Scandic points for a reward stay. The hotel is large and the desk staff is very friendly and helpful. Our room was on the small side of average but, oh so importantly, it was cool and comfortable. We were pleased to get the restaurant vouchers in spite of having a free stay. There did not seem to be many options for dinner in the area so we stayed at the hotel to eat. The restaurant - service, selection, and food - was mediocre. I splurged on a dessert and my advice is to skip it. The description, which sounded awesome, did not match the product and it was very costly for the quantity and flavor. Breakfast the next morning was ok, but not as comprehensive as we are used to having at the Scandic chain.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Manager E, Manager at Scandic Espoo, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2013

Dear solomon5,
Thank you for your review. We appreciate you took time to write a review of us.

I am pleased to hear that you experienced our front desk staff positively. Our goal is to provide the best service to all our customers and make all the guest feel that they are among friends. We believe that this feeling gives our customers a memorable experience in Scandic.

The air condition in summer is very important to our guests. This is why we always make sure all the rooms are cool and comfortable.

I am sorry to hear you did not enjoy your dessert. During July time we had a curtailed list. Now the list is back to normal and I am sure that there is a dish witch makes your dinner perfect.

Once more thank You for Your valuable feedback. We learn from all the rewievs and work hard to develop our quality. The goal is to be able to provide the bast service to all of our guests staying with us.
I wish you a warm end of Summer and hope we meet again at Scandic Espoo.