“Average Scandic nearby Helsinki-Turku motorway.”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Scandic Espoo

Scandic Espoo
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Espoo
GreenLeadersSilver level
Espoo, Finland
“Average Scandic nearby Helsinki-Turku motorway.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

Looks very poor outside, better inside. It was very quiet there so a good option for sleeping. The nearest pub/night club/restaurant is not too near at least.

Parking was free, breakfast ok even though personnel was not too friendly there.
However, a receptionist was extremely nice at checkout. Have never had so nice checkout anywhere.

I would prefer this for business trip with my own car when meetings in Espoo. No need to spend time in Helsinki city traffic jams.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Manager E, Manager at Scandic Espoo, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Hello Marko,

Thank you for your review.
I am so glad to hear that the service in reception was pleasant.
I will forward you feedback to our reception staff. I am sure they will appreciate your feedback.

Great to hear you will prefer to stay with us again.
We will concentrate more to the service in our breakfast room, so the experience will be even better for our guests.

I wish you a warm summer and hope we meet again at Scandic Espoo.

Otto, Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Fredrikstad Municipality, Norway
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

Scandic standard, pool and sauna on top floor. Ok breakfast, helpful and nice staff. Rooms are clean. Rest a "litle out of date". Very good location "on the way". Not far from Helsinki. In Helsinki plenty to do and see.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Manager E, Manager at Scandic Espoo, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Dear Dagfinn B,

Thank you for your review.
Itm is nice to hear you liked our hotel.
We are in deed in a good location when you want to see Helsinki but don´t want to stay in the centrum. The connections from Scandic Espoo to Helsinki centrum are excellent and our free parking is saving a lot of money, compared to hotels in Helsinki.

We are planning to make some changes in our restaurant to make it serve our customers better in the future. I believe this will make the Scandic Espoo experience even better for our guests.

I wish you a warm days and welcome you back to Scandic Espoo.

Frederiksberg, Denmark
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

From the outside it looks very gray and sad. Inside in the lobby it looks like an average hotel and check-in was with the usual Scandic efficiency, so no complains there.

The room was also usual Scandic below average, except the bathroom smelled very moldy and the door was shimmering every time somebody moved about in the corridor.

The staff was very polite

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Manager E, Manager at Scandic Espoo, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Dear Kaaresj,

I am sorry to hear you did not like the hotel. Scandic Espoo hotel has been renovated at 2003. The building has been built at 1974 so the property is old. But in the renovation we renew all the rooms, public areas and the restaurant.

I have talked with our Housekeeping manager about the smell in our bathrooms. We have not loketed any smell in the bathrooms, but we will concentrate more for the cleaniness in the bathrooms. Thank you for letting us know the issue!

I am glad to hear the staff was polite. Being polite is important to us and we also want everyone to be their self when atying or working at Scandic Espoo. We believe that when people can be as they are, they have a great time with us.

I thank you for your valuable feedback.
I would like to wish you a warm Summer and hope we meet you again at Scandic Espoo.
Otto, Front Office Manager

Travellers are raving about these Espoo hotels

Kuusisto
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

Again at Scandic. This time I did't get good value for the money. It costed me 120€ for a night. Room wasn't clean. Shower was horrible. Breakfast was ok, but cups and classes were dirty. Personel weren't friendly at all. Would I choose again, defanitely not. Usually Scandic is safe choise, but this wasn't

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Manager E, Manager at Scandic Espoo, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Dear Tonnionni,

I am very sorry to hear you did not receive value for your money.
I will go thru your feedback with our Housekeeping manager to make sure this kind of mistakes will not happen in the future.
The cleaning of the hotel is very important to us and all the feedback we receive concerning cleaniness, will go straight to our Housekeeping manager.

I am happy to hera the staff was friendly, even thou the stay was not satisfied.

I apologize for all the inconvenience you suffered during your stay.
I wish you a warm summer and hope we meet again at Scandic Espoo

Finland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

Very basic Scandic hotel which need series updating. We stayers superior extra which had nothing superior in it. Not cosy and definitely not charming.
This room was too small for 4 person family.
Swimming pool was appreciate at our kids, water was too chilly for me. Sauna area was tidy and ok.
Breakfast was Scandic-stardard and everything worked fine.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Manager E, Manager at Scandic Espoo, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Dear Spumante,

Thank you for your review.
I am sorry to hear you did not enjoy the Superior extra room. In Scandic Espoo, the Superior extra room mean more services in the room. In Superior Extra rooms, we have larger amount of TV channels (Sports and Movies etc.), more FACE Stocholm products in bathroom, Batrobes and slippers etc. we also provide 5€ welcome voucher for all guests in Superior extra rooms.

I apologize the room was not what your expected.
All rooms in Scandic Espoo are for 3 persons. We have rooms with connicting door to make stay more convininet for larger familys.

I am happy to hear your children enjoid the swimming pool and you liked our sauna area. It is something we are wery proud of. The temperature is 24.5 celcius. It depends on the temperature outside, how chilly the water feels. Normally during summer, the water is little colder to make it feel cooling.

I thank you for your valuable feedback.
I wish you and your family a warm Summer dfays and welcome you back to Scandic Espoo.

Vaasa, Finland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2014

Slept 1 night in this hotel (6.-7.2) and mostly hotel and workers were nice but... pillows have seen their best days. Only one pillow in the room and that one was thin and hard as rock so please put those into a recycle bin and get a new ones. Food was great and also waitresses (and chefs) were professionals. Bottom of walls in room were dirty (red wine or something there). I hope I get better pillows and more clean room in the next week for my another business trip.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank TommiRi
Manager E, Manager at Scandic Espoo, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
Dear TommiRi,

Thank you for your review.
I am glad to hear you liked our hotel and our staff.
I am sorry to hear your pillows were not the quality it should be.
I have asked our housekeeping to make sure you have better pillows in your room in your next stay.
We have planned to change all our pillows before summer. We also believe this makes the guest stay more comfortable, when the pillows are in good condition.

Thank you for your feedback and welcome back to Scandic Espoo next week.

Bets Regards
Seinajoki, Finland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2014

Our family stay 1 night . We have 2rooms with connection door, thats good ! Area is faraway from city and Espoo is littlebit poor town for activity. Sauna is good, not new but okay. Swimming pool is nice in summer, now is littlebit cold water, because there is not heating, but who made to going there... :)
Breakfast is very good, as allways in scandic. Car parking 5m main doors. We sleep well.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank J11P33
Manager E, Manager at Scandic Espoo, responded to this review, 7 February 2014
Dear J11P33,

Thank you for your review.
I am glad to hear your family enjoid your stay with us.
The connecting rooms are great for larger family. The connecting door makes the room larger and gives a possibility for better sleep for everyone, when they have their own bed to sleep in.

The free parking right next to hotel is also one of our most important service for our customers. We know our guests travel to s by car, and therefore we want to provide this service to them with no fee.

The temperature in the swimming pool is +24 celsius. We keep it as same for all year. Ofcourse when the temperature is lower outside, the temperature in the pool area might be little lower, because of the large windows in the room. During summer it is one of our guests favorite places, because of the view and sun.

I am glad to hear you also enjoid our breakfast. As it is said, breakfast is the most important meal of the day, and in Scandic we want to provide a wide amount of different healthy products in our breakfast.

I thank You for your review and wish you and your family a warm Winter.
Hope we meet again @ Scandic Espoo.

Otto, Front Office Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Espoo
GLO Hotel Sello
Scandic Grand Marina
Scandic Grand Marina
#19 of 64 in Helsinki
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,035 reviews

Been to Scandic Espoo? Share your experiences!