“Very clean with good design” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Original Sokos Hotel Tapiola Garden

and 1 more site!
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Espoo
Tehran, Iran
“Very clean with good design”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

Hotel is very clean with good designed room.My room was pool view.The Salmon fish of Grillit restaurant was excellent. In breakfast I didn't like fruit juices because for me it was not natural.
Pool view rooms is quiet and pretty

Room Tip: Pool view rooms is quiet and pretty
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Reception_Tapiola, Front Office Manager at Original Sokos Hotel Tapiola Garden, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Thank you Morteza for your review.
I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel! However, I am truly sorry to hear about your disappointment concerning our breakfast juices. I will go through your comments with our Restaurant Manager in order to improve our breakfast products.

I hope to see you soon again in Original Sokos Hotel Tapiola Garden.

Best regards,
Jenni Hangasmaa
Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Lahti
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

Hotel looks very comfortable and is easy to park your car - but be ready to pay of it! Disappointment in hotel was the breakfastroom - it was unclean and probably there were to few waiters to fill the breakfst buffet table.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Reception_Tapiola, Front Office Manager at Original Sokos Hotel Tapiola Garden, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Dear Päivi,

Thank you for your feedback that helps us improve our service.
I would like to apologize for the inconvenience you met during your stay. Your feedback regarding the breakfast has been delivered to the F&B department. We have also discussed with our breakfast staff and we will take better care of our breakfast room cleanliness.

We hope to see you as our guest again in the near future.

Best regards,
Jenni Hangasmaa
Hotel Manager
Jyvaskyla, Finland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

I visited in Hotel Tapiola Garden in May 2014. I arrived Late in the evening so I didn't use spa or restaurant in the evening. The Room was clean and quiet. Balcony and the viel over the water pool was nice. Staff was friendly.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Reception_Tapiola, Front Office Manager at Original Sokos Hotel Tapiola Garden, responded to this review, 8 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your lovely feedback! I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and I will be sharing your comment with the whole team which will be delighted about your comment of friendly staff!

We hope to see you soon and have a lovely summer!

Tampere, Finland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

I visited Hotel Tapiola Garden in May 2014. Parking is quite easy nowadays. Check in was OK. The room was quiet and clean. I stayed one thursday night there. In the evening I had dinner in the hotel restaurant name Grill it! I wondered why I was the only customer who ask some food. Just one customer had a hamburger. Dinner was average, but nothing special. The nearest restaurant is in Helsinki, about 20 kilometres from Espoo. Perhaps next time I plan my trip so that I can choose where I go to have a nice dinner. To bring one´s own food is also possible.

3 Thank Mervi826
Reception_Tapiola, Front Office Manager at Original Sokos Hotel Tapiola Garden, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review! I am glad to hear you enjoyed the view and room. Iam sorry to hear the Menu did not impress you this time. Perhaps our new, changed Menu will cater better for your taste? Welcome to try it!

We hope to see you soon.

Oulu, Finland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

Although I would suggest staying away from Tapiola altogether (as there's not much there), I enjoyed my stay at Original Sokos Hotel Tapiola Garden. The service I received was friendly (by Finnish standards), the room was nice and the view over the watery pools behind the hotel quite refreshing (though I think you need to pick the highest priced room for the view).

Currently staying here for the second night on a business trip, I've had no problems with anything other than my keycard stopping to function (can't keep it in your wallet or near a cell phone). Quick replacement was made at reception.

The breakfast wasn't great, but the wifi works well and the beds are comfortable. The tv in my room turns on automatically if the remote control is placed anywhere other than on top of the tv, but it's not a big deal.

My colleagues had some problems, though, as their booking was cancelled by the hotel's reservation system for some reason, and they told me the service wasn't very friendly at all after that.

But still, you've got a balcony and a room with a view. Or a view of the bus stops, should you choose to save on the rate.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your valuable feedback. I am glad to hear you had a good stay and enjoyed the view. I am sorry to hear about your colleague's experience. Unfortunately unexplained computer error had cancelled his booking.

We tried to help him and in the end accommodation and taxi was paid for him but clearly how the situation and service was handled left room for improvement. For that I am truly sorry and we will be discussing within the team how to improve the service in challenging situations.

Should you book a room with us in the future please contact me directly so that we can somehow compensate you as well.

We hope to see you soon and wish you relaxing and sunny summer!

hanna.pelkonen@sok.fi
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2014

The Tapiola Garden is a relatively basic hotel situated about 15 minutes' drive from Helsinki centre. Espoo is the "tech" part of Helsinki with many IT companies being based here.
So it was that I found myself booked in the Tapiola Garden, which had been recommended to me by the IT company I was doing some work for.
The first thing that I discovered was the friendly nature of all of the staff members, from the reception staff, restaurant servers and even the cleaners. Everyone seemed happy to be doing their job and greeted people if they thought it would be accepted.
The rooms are pretty basic but this just reflects the standard of the hotel (I would grade it as 2-star rooms with 4-star staff and 3-star food).
While staying here for the first time in a few weeks, they were hosting a Jazz extravaganza - nice to have good, live music for free. It looks as though they do get involved with local projects all-year-round. I think that's a nice attitude for a hotel to have.
On the down side - The beds are not as comfortable as I would like and the room does not have tea/coffee making facilities, though it did have a reasonable mini-bar.
The hotel is a short walk from several stores and town-centre restaurants and there is a bus depot right outside the hotel.
Bikes can be hired from the hotel to cycle along the many cycle-tracks that wind their way through forested areas and near the lake sides. In the summer, i would imagine this would be very popular with guests.
All in all, a good and friendly business hotel.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
hotelmng, General Manager at Original Sokos Hotel Tapiola Garden, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Dear Guest,

thank you for visiting Original Sokos Hotel Tapiola Garden. I am happy to read that the service was friendly and you enjoyed your stay. Some information for the next booking; superior rooms have tea and coffee making facilities.

Every year the hotel is taking part of April Jazz -festival and the hotel is filled with music and jazz friends. Next April it will be the 29th time.

We hope to see you soon again.

Kind regards,
Kati Jousimies, General Manager
Helsinki
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

I stayed one night in this hotel and it was very pleasant stay indeed. Arriving to the hotel was good; there was very good parking hall just next to the hotel and check in was quick (thanks to staff). Room was nicely decorated and clean. Sleeping quality (noises and bed) was good. Breakfast was tasty basic continental breakfast. Check out was also quick and friendly.
I have to also recommend the restaurant on the first floor. Food was very good.
I would visit this hotel also next time.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank randomherohimself
Reception_Tapiola, Front Office Manager at Original Sokos Hotel Tapiola Garden, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Dear Guest,

We appreciate and value customer feedback. It helps us to improve our service to be even better. So thank you very much for your kind and honest review!

We look forward to seeing you back soon!

020 1234 616
Also consider these accommodations in or near Espoo
Radisson Blu Hotel, Espoo
Hotel Korpilampi
Hotel Korpilampi
#3 of 12 in Espoo
Break Sokos Hotel Flamingo

Been to Original Sokos Hotel Tapiola Garden? Share your experiences!