“Nice historic cafe”

Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Vironniemi
Reviewed 21 December 2013

Nice historic cafe serving decent coffee and cakes. Counter service a bit chaotic but the interior is very nice and spacious

1  Thank paulosussex
Write a ReviewReviews (1,724)

Reviewed 11 December 2013

Fazer's is the iconic brand of chocolates in Finland going back into history and still is the favorite today - ask any Finn - they also have the small cafes and bakeries. My favorite is in the city center off the esplanade - they is a Helsinki landmark and a favorite place for Helsinkites - They have a great selection of salads and on a cold winter's day wonderful soups, but you must top it all off with one of the incredible pastries. They have a section with the chocolates,candies and bakery as well. When my wife and I want something and in the city center we often find ourselves here and glad we did - the quality is exceptional and you will not regret a stop there.

Reviewed 26 November 2013

Nice café with also a candy shop in the same place. I had caffe latte and a cheesecake with pink top and some decorations in chocolate. There was a lot of things I would like to try. The coffee was not so good, but ok, the coffee taste was to weak for me.

Reviewed 6 November 2013

We were in Helsinki for a day off a cruise ship, so set off exploring the city, decided we wanted a coffee, and came upon Karl Frazer Café, looked good so went in. What a place, café does not do it justice. As we had already eaten on the Marco Polo we didn't need any food, but it looked fantastic. The young and beautiful of Helsinki seem to be there, it was packed, but we managed to get a table, people were having the most fantastic looking plates of food, huge portions. It was a pity we were not hungry. Not cheap, but I didn't expect it to be. Definitely worth a visit, must try it next time on a empty stomach.

1  Thank Colin B
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Always busy but worth standing in line. I didn't like how we were rushed out when they were closing. We were a group of four who ordered wine 15 minutes before the cafe closed. We sat outdoors because it was such a lovely day out and when we ordered a second round, the waitress rushed to hand it to us and then told us they were closing and we had to hurry up. Why bother taking our second order? smh.

1  Thank Aviva S